Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Does first class Euralpass entitle you free dinner on ICE Sprinter(Berlin-Frankfurt)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does first class Euralpass entitle you free dinner on ICE Sprinter(Berlin-Frankfurt)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Does a 1-month unlimited all-countries first class Euralpass entitle you free at-seat dinners/drinks/newspapers on ICE Sprinter?
*edited to avoid prosecution*routes that ICE Sprinter operates on.

what about the same pass, except 1-country(Germany-only) or 2-country(Germany & * * * )?

sorry for such a newbie question!

Last edited by steamship; Jun 8, 2010 at 5:52 pm
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by steamship
Does a 1-month unlimited all-countries first class Euralpass entitle you free at-seat dinners/drinks/newspapers on ICE Sprinter?
Berlin to Frankfurt or other routes that ICE Sprinter operates on.

what about the same pass, except 1-country(Germany-only) or 2-country(Germany & Switzerland)?

The answer to all these questions is no - except for the free newspaper (I've only seen business newspapers available in first class on the ICE). There are free drinks available in the first-class lounges at main DB stations, but a Eurailpass doesn't get you access to them.

Last edited by Track; Jun 8, 2010 at 5:44 pm
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Track
The answer to all these questions is no - except for the free newspaper (I've only seen business newspapers available in first class on the ICE). There are free drinks available in the first-class lounges at main DB stations, but a Eurailpass doesn't get you access to them.
I got served with a meal on ICE Sprinter..... this means I essentially ate without paying? (making me a thief? will they come after me?)
(note: I'm not confirming or denying that this may or may not have occured)
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: QANTAS FF, SKYWARDS GOLD
As I recall, the ICE Sprinter comes with a supplement for Eurail Passholders.

So, presuming you paid the supplement, you also paid for your meal.

As Robert Heinlein put it, TANSTAAFL.
(There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Dave
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dans6362

As Robert Heinlein put it, TANSTAAFL.
(There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Dave
well... it wasn't a free lunch.... it was dinner, actually...
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by steamship
*edited to avoid prosecution*routes that ICE Sprinter operates on.

what about the same pass, except 1-country(Germany-only) or 2-country(Germany & * * * )?

Since the ICE Sprinter is a domestic train within Germany, any pass including Germany is good.

And on the ICE Sprinter, there is a supplement to pay - 16.50 in 1st class which includes the meal and reservation. This is one of the handful of German trains on which passholders have to pay a supplement.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by railways
Since the ICE Sprinter is a domestic train within Germany, any pass including Germany is good.

And on the ICE Sprinter, there is a supplement to pay - 16.50 in 1st class which includes the meal and reservation. This is one of the handful of German trains on which passholders have to pay a supplement.
I do remember paying the 16.50 reservation and at the time I thought it
was really expensive for just a "reservation".... guess that also covered
my meal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.