Wiki Posts
Search

Extra security checkpoints

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Extra security checkpoints

New security checkpoints have recently been established airside between the Schengen and non-Schengen sections, just after immigrations. This may well mean that it will take even longer to get from one side to the other.

johan
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:13 pm

Isn't it perhaps time Schiphol revised its minimum connecting times between Schengen and non-Schengen?

BTW, I take it they have a dedicated security line for Privium Card holders?
Old Jan 28, 2005, 8:18 pm

Programs: United 1K
Not very good news.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 4:57 pm

Just to clarify... there are security checks when you enter Schengen (no separate line for Privium card holders), but for non-Schengen departures the checks are at the gate, or at the entrance to the "bus stations". At D6 (the main bus station for Cityhopper flights to the UK) the checkpoint is in the exact same place where it used to be before they abolished gate security checks three years ago... so we've gone full circle.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 4:55 am

No logic at all!

Last week I had to go through security checks (1) on entering Schengen on the way out and (2) at my departure gate (D6) on the way home.

I concluded that this meant that there are now gate security checks for non-Schengen departures - but it seems I was wrong. Departing to YUL from E2 yesterday there were NO security checks at the gate - in other words, the only security check I had for my journey was at NWI with no further checks at Schiphol.

Where is the logic in all this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.