Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2001, 12:35 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Wow - these are GREAT tips and suggestions! I'm heading to AMS next week for my first time. However; I'm going to Paris first. I was planning on taking the train from Paris to AMS, but are there more convenient ways to do this? I looked up the Thays schedule and was surprised to find only one train on Thursday CDG-AMS at 3 PM. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2001, 6:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ldsant:
....I looked up the Thays schedule and was surprised to find only one train on Thursday CDG-AMS at 3 PM. </font>
You only found the one train because you asked for trains from the airport (CDG) rather than from downtown Paris (Paris Nord, which is the Gare du Nord). I think that you'll find direct Thalys trains from Gare du Nord to Amsterdam Centraal at 6.55am, 9.55am, 12.55pm, 3.55pm, 4.55pm, and 6.55pm. If those times aren't convenient, you have a bunch more options if you want to change trains in Brussels.

Old Oct 18, 2001, 7:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Wideman:

You're right, I did. I was trying to find something that would let me get off the plane and head right to AMS instead of going into town. But thanks, this information is great! I appreciate you looking it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.