Community
Wiki Posts
Search

newbie here with questions on regional geneva pass for trip

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

newbie here with questions on regional geneva pass for trip

1. how much is lake geneva regional pass cost for child 15 with 2 adults?
  2. is geneva regional pass covered from geneva airport to evian?
  3. will saver pass still available if i get it 5 days before trip begins and will price stay same or go up?
  4. with geneva pass, will i get bus/train free in swiss side on free days(i will have 3 free days)?
  5. with regional geneva pass, my total is 540 chf and saver day pass 544 chf.
  6. May you please check, if I am thinking right on below expenses day by day. what is most practical for me pass wise. i don't know if i am missing anything or not counting anything right.
Sorry, Starting new thread, Since i made some changes to my itinerary.
day 1: at my arrival at gva airport and reach from geneva airport to evains. If i use Regi. geneva pass, i will use 50% discount and if i use leman pass, it will be 40 chf one way
day 2: lausanne day trip: via boat. I made fake booking and SBB shows super saver 38 chf round trip per person so good estimate with my 15 year old and hubby will be 100 chf round trip with saver day pass. if i use reg. geneva pass, i will use free day.
day 3: montreux from evian vía lausanne boat again. after boat i have to take 1 or 2 buses from lausanne to montreux. 150 chf with saver day pass. with geneva pass, free day i will use.
Day 4 evian to vveny(not right spelling). 150 chf with saver day pass and with geneva pass day is free.
day 5 staying on france side and will go to annecy from evian which is 73 euros. I understand regional geneva pass will not cover it.
day 6 leave for geneva using 50% of regional geneva pass or use leman pass for 40 chf. I will stay one day in geneva where i use free transportation card.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
A bit complicated to calculate the exact comparison as you have already seen!

Two points to consider
1. Saver fares always go up as the date and time approach. That’s a challenge because you have to lock it in early. For things like a day pass it can work out fine but for a specific connection there’s always (in my mind) more of a risk of not being able to use it.

2. Passes, regional or city, are great when you a> don’t know your exact itinerary or b> may want to vary it due to weather, new discoveries, or just to explore. We have gotten the Tell Pass for years and perhaps some times or days regular tickets may have saved some money, but the flexibility often seems to outweigh the relatively small potential savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.