Search

Krakow - Train between Airport and Main station

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2023, 2:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Krakow - Train between Airport and Main station

Is the train between KRK airport and the main station currently running ? I can not find anything on the website of the operator it does not run (https://www.kolejemalopolskie.com.pl...otniskoairport) but Google Maps does not propose it as an option to go from the airport to the train station.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Is the train between KRK airport and the main station currently running ? I can not find anything on the website of the operator it does not run (https://www.kolejemalopolskie.com.pl...otniskoairport) but Google Maps does not propose it as an option to go from the airport to the train station.
current traintable seems to indicate it's running:
https://www.kolejemalopolskie.com.pl...-11-iii-23.pdf
Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue silver
The website of Krakow airport also seems to indicate the train is running ; Krakw Airport - Train (krakowairport.pl)
Old Mar 4, 2023, 8:01 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
It seems like it is running indeed but not an option in popular route search engine:Google Maps, Rome2Rio, Apple Plans are all proposing me to use the bus and do not list the train as existing. Weird but not an issue.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
There's something strange going on indeed, Google Maps is not even showing the airport train station (even though the tracks and the platform are clearly visible in satellite view).
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:15 pm

I get it now on Rome2Rio: Krakw Głwny Station to Krakw Airport (rome2rio.com)
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:23 pm

Oh, and here actual departure times from Krakow Glowny (main railway station): KRAKW GŁWNY - PKP PLK S.A. timetable, departure times and ticket prices - Passenger Portal - PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. (portalpasazera.pl)
The SKA1 trains are going to Krakow Lotnisko, the airport. Still, my last time on that train was in February 2009, when the main reason for my visit was attending the world junior speedskating championships in Zakopane, about 2 hrs by bus away from Krakow. That was my first time in Poland, had a great time in Zakopane. Sorry, nothing to do with your post OP, just bringing back memories
Old Mar 6, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Moovit app shows the train as one of options. I use Moovit where Google Maps is weak.

Depends on where you go, bus (then tram) may be more convenient. Tickets can be purchased onboard bus and most trams, including multiple day passes (a bit tricky to find, ask fellow pax for help) with credit cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.