Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:26 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Covid test in ZRH (Zurich) airport caveat

There are several sites in the airport where one can be tested, some caveats:
(1)in the check-in 2 on the first level (landside) the site requires NO advance registration, they charge 80 SFR for a RAPID ANTIGEN test which includes “certified” results, usually within 15-20 minutes (via email).
VS
(2)in the Raddison Hotel (attached to the airport) on the 7th floor with advance registration they charge 55 SFR, BUT if you want certified results the extra fee is 19 SFR..
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I've been looking at this as I have a flight next week and need the antigen test to fly to the UK and then US. It looks like the testing center at Terminal 2 is probably the best deal. There is another test center at Terminal 1, they're cheaper at 70chf, but charge 25 for the travel certificate, so are more expensive than Terminal 2. Tests for the antigen test are 'free' if you have Swiss health insurance. But you still have to pay the 18chf for the international travel test certificate. Hopefully that stays the case for me after 1. Sept.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:20 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greg5
I've been looking at this as I have a flight next week and need the antigen test to fly to the UK and then US. It looks like the testing center at Terminal 2 is probably the best deal. There is another test center at Terminal 1, they're cheaper at 70chf, but charge 25 for the travel certificate, so are more expensive than Terminal 2. Tests for the antigen test are 'free' if you have Swiss health insurance. But you still have to pay the 18chf for the international travel test certificate. Hopefully that stays the case for me after 1. Sept.
The check-in 2 requires that you fill out a short form (noting name, pp#, dob etc.) after interacting with the two cashiers, another agent generates your record, they have 4 stations for rapid antigen tests with one technician doing the swabbing, within 20 minutes I received my certified negative test via email. When I arrived there were 6 people queued for the cashier, I was done within 15 minutes.
greg5 likes this.

Last edited by nrr; Aug 28, 2021 at 10:45 pm
Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For those returning to the USA, my hotel introduced me to this testing location. It's an old articulated bus that has been converted into a covid test location. Located near Schiffbau tram station or a short walk from Zürich Hardbrücke. No appointment needed, just walk up, scan the QR code and fill out your information on the site.

https://www.covid-test.ch/

Only 25 CHF for a rapid antigen test including certificate. Very non-invasive nose swab. I got my certificate email about 20 minutes after the test. Hours are 10:00-20:00 everyday except Friday and Saturday when they run till 24:00. Was accepted just fine at ZRH for my flight home.
mcgahat and sushanna1 like this.

Last edited by Pochama; Oct 27, 2021 at 8:00 am
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Pochama
For those returning to the USA, my hotel introduced me to this testing location. It's an old articulated bus that has been converted into a covid test location. Located near Schiffbau tram station or a short walk from Zürich Hardbrücke. No appointment needed, just walk up, scan the QR code and fill out your information on the site.

Only 25 CHF for a rapid antigen test including certificate. Very non-invasive nose swab. I got my certificate email about 20 minutes after the test. Hours are 10:00-20:00 everyday except Friday and Saturday when they run till 24:00. Was accepted just fine at ZRH for my flight home.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I am expecting to be in Zurich mid January and am staying near the Hardbrücke station. This looks perfect. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:00 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was in Zurich in late August, I wonder if this site was doing tests then: 80 SFR vs 25 SFR is a "big" saving.
On the web page for the link, under the Rapid Antigen test they note (translated):
Free of charge for once vaccinated persons as well as children and adolescents under 16 years of age.
Is the test free for this group, or does that only apply to Swiss residents/citizens?

Last edited by nrr; Oct 28, 2021 at 3:30 am
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...

We used this on our return to the USA. It was very easy. Please note they only take credit cards. I actually went and got cash as I assumed they might only take cash, go figure. It is pretty easy, just scan the QR code when you arrive and that checks you in. You then go in the bus and they check you in and do the test. We got results in like 20 minutes, it is a legit test result with QR code etc. It was not very busy when we were there though, like nobody. If you have the Switzerland covid cert app it can be uploaded into it. I highly recommend this place.
Pochama likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
We used this on our return to the USA. It was very easy. Please note they only take credit cards. I actually went and got cash as I assumed they might only take cash, go figure. It is pretty easy, just scan the QR code when you arrive and that checks you in. You then go in the bus and they check you in and do the test. We got results in like 20 minutes, it is a legit test result with QR code etc. It was not very busy when we were there though, like nobody. If you have the Switzerland covid cert app it can be uploaded into it. I highly recommend this place.
The bus test site is closed now.

https://www.covid-test.ch
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
The bus test site is closed now.

https://www.covid-test.ch
Wow, too bad. We must have been one of the last people to use it. Just this past Monday. If was very quiet when we went there so guess they simply did not get enough business anymore.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:14 pm

I used https://corona-testing.ch/en/ to make an appointment at Bahnhof Zurich-Oerlikon before returning to the U.S. last week. The total charge for a rapid antigen test and paper certificate good for international travel was 10 Swiss francs. (The charge was for the certificate. The rapid antigen test was free.)

Last edited by sushanna1; Jun 4, 2022 at 2:16 pm Reason: Additional information
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by sushanna1
I used https://corona-testing.ch/en/ to make an appointment at Bahnhof Zurich-Oerlikon before returning to the U.S. last week. The total charge for a rapid antigen test and paper certificate good for international travel was 10 Swiss francs. (The charge was for the certificate. The rapid antigen test was free.)
Nice. Thanks for posting. Oerlikon is a pretty convenient location.
sushanna1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.