Wiki Posts
Search

Entry in Greece [new COVID requirements]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by justforfun
The question also is what exactly will be open and what are the restrictions. I just read that bars will open June/July. Can't be in Mykonos and not have the bars open, or have them open with an early closing time!
wouldn’t bother me - might be nicer. But really it should not matter if everyone is vaccinated l.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
wouldn’t bother me - might be nicer. But really it should not matter if everyone is vaccinated l.
Vaccination presently proceeds at a rate of ~30-40K per day (excl. Sundays). If it says like that, by June-July the number of vaccinated people in Greece will be around 3-5 million people or, at best, 30-50% of the population. Far from "everyone", yet there will be a visible effect on infection rates, certainly not to the level of feeling safe in Mykonos and elsewhere but a very good development for the Public Health Service.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:18 am

For those thinking of partying in Mykonos in the near future: the island was placed on the "deep red" list yesterday!
Old Mar 20, 2021, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
If it helps anybody feel any better, most of the people who go partying in Mykonos will be in the unvaccinated group by mid summer, either by choice or mostly because vaccination will not be available for their age groups until probably later in the year.
KLouis likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 9:40 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Does anyone here know where the rise in cases in Greece is coming from by any chance? Is it one of the islands, or is it more from the mainland?
Old Mar 20, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by HB7
Does anyone here know where the rise in cases in Greece is coming from by any chance? Is it one of the islands, or is it more from the mainland?
This time of year, most of the islands are fairly deserted. The "season" doesn't begin until Orthodox Easter (May 2).
Old Mar 20, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by justforfun
<snip> Can't be in Mykonos and not have the bars open, or have them open with an early closing time!
Actually, many of us would be absolutely fine with that...

Regards
sapman986 and KLouis like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
This true?

​​​​​​https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/20...il-16-tourism/

Although not much to do in GR at the moment with everything closed.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:20 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
This true?

​​​​​​https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/20...il-16-tourism/

Although not much to do in GR at the moment with everything closed.
If Greece has made that decision, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Cases are surging, as are deaths. Why wouldn't you lockdown completely till Mat 14th and then accept visitors? And I'm saying this as someone in the UK who knows that if things continue the way they are going in Greece, they'll be getting no UK visitors, who make up a large portion of visitors every summer, because the UK government just won't allow us to come.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

You should read some of the other non-FT forums about Greece. So much hope, confusion, and over zealous " got to get back now" posts.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by HB7
If Greece has made that decision, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Cases are surging, as are deaths. Why wouldn't you lockdown completely till Mat 14th and then accept visitors? And I'm saying this as someone in the UK who knows that if things continue the way they are going in Greece, they'll be getting no UK visitors, who make up a large portion of visitors every summer, because the UK government just won't allow us to come.
Worst case it's amber and you need to quarantine on the way back. That's the question, will they be amber or green.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
No, worst case is that somebody books a vacation and gets stuck with a large airline voucher when Greece decides not to open (and maybe loses $$$$ on lodging) . And maybe a ruined holiday when they can't find a replacement trip. That's basically the nightmare scenario for many of us this summer.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
No, worst case is that somebody books a vacation and gets stuck with a large airline voucher when Greece decides not to open (and maybe loses $$$$ on lodging) . And maybe a ruined holiday when they can't find a replacement trip. That's basically the nightmare scenario for many of us this summer.
Yeah, it's the uncertainty that's a killer. No way I am I booking anything until I know either way, whether or not US citizens will be allowed to enter Greece. I have no desire to float an airline or a hotel an interest free loan via credits and vouchers.
Boraxo and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:07 pm

Holding all of my limbs corkscrewed that as U.S. citizens coming from Russia (we have dual passports and family there, so traveling to Russia isn't an issue) my wife and I will be able to go to Corfu for a week this June/July. Just need a few days of doing absolutely nothing and the Domes Miramare looks like the perfect place to burn my five free nights' certs from the Bonvoy credit card sign-up offer...
Boraxo and nk15 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:46 am

Ok confirmed next week including USA!

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/11...tells-reuters/

no more quarantine. Only thing stopping me going now is the fact that Greece is ummm, closed internally!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.