Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

New Greek PLF (Covid-19 passenger arrival form) - Anyone already received a QR code?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Greek PLF (Covid-19 passenger arrival form) - Anyone already received a QR code?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by romans
yeah that's what I did defo fill-in, I just was not sure about it anyway.
Same thing I did with the paper form when transiting in MAD, I filled it anyway, and they were actually asking and collecting it, even for transit, even though I had to manually add to it I was transiting (the form was clearly designed for arrivals).
romans likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by nk15
Maybe you don't need one for transit?

Or you could complete it just in case, and put all that info clearly in the PLF. I would err on the side of this. If it comes back to be tested, explain to the person you are transiting, and do what they say.
I would definitely fill one in just in case it's needed. Greece is not only handing out fines to passengers not having filled in a PLF, but is now also demanding airlines to send them directly back home. Because of this, many airlines now actually check rather carefully during check-in/boarding whether pax have their PLF.

That said, I don't think you will need one for international/international transit. I cannot imagine the Greek authorities wasting limited testing capacity on such passengers!
romans likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
I heard from reliable sources that it's not the end numbers of the PLF which matter (as assumed here) but the first!

1 = tested (if tests still available)
2 = not tested
Mine, for tomorrows flight, starts with #4 and ends in 98. Do we have any ideas on what that means?

I'm flying into ATH and am really, really hoping to be able to catch a train 34 minutes after scheduled arrival. How long have the waits been at ATH to get the QR code checked, and optionally, to wait your turn to be tested? I'm scheduled to arrive just after 4PM which I don't believe is the busiest time of day... but I'm wondering about experiences regarding wait times for both scenarios (not tested/tested).
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Mine, for tomorrows flight, starts with #4 and ends in 98. Do we have any ideas on what that means?

I'm flying into ATH and am really, really hoping to be able to catch a train 34 minutes after scheduled arrival. How long have the waits been at ATH to get the QR code checked, and optionally, to wait your turn to be tested? I'm scheduled to arrive just after 4PM which I don't believe is the busiest time of day... but I'm wondering about experiences regarding wait times for both scenarios (not tested/tested).
Interesting. I actually wonder what is going to happen with testing as most cases in GR are now domestically transmitted not from tourists. I think GR is focusing too much capacity on tourists and less on the massive increase of domestically transmitted cases.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios

I arrived at 5pm and there was a line to be checked for the code that was snaking around, but moved fast. It took about 5 min to find out if you will be tested or not. I was at the luggage belt in less than 10 min (not tested), and the bags were all there, it was surreal. I was outside the airport 15 min after deplaning.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
The test would add another 5-10 mins, according to my wife....
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:01 am

I arrived at 5pm and there was a line to be checked for the code that was snaking around, but moved fast. It took about 5 min to find out if you will be tested or not. I was at the luggage belt in less than 10 min (not tested), and the bags were all there, it was surreal. I was outside the airport 15 min after deplaning.
yesterday friend of mine got 41.... wasn't tested, friend 74.... was tested.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 8:26 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks all! Mine was 41 as well and did not get tested.

We arrived at the gate (at the terminal, not remote) 10 min late. Then they made us use a bus to go to the covid test point.. Luckily they had a separate business class bus and that hardly added any time. I have the impression that they have multiple testpoints, and they drove us to.. An empty one. Got through in 2 minutes, having only one other pax in front of me.

So even with the delay I actually made it to the trainstation with ample time to spare. Had my train ticket sorted about 10 minutes after entering the terminal from the bus.

Probably some luck is involved, and for me it was a bit of a stressful one (had to catch the last train of the day).. But in this case it worked out. It helped a lot to be on the first bus. Not sure if they send each flight to a separate checkpoint, but in this case they did - and that meant hardly any wait at all.
nk15 and romans like this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Aug 6, 2020 at 8:50 am
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:12 am

Correcting a mistake in the PLF

I made a typo in my passport number while filling out the PLF (swapped the places of two adjacent digits), and only noticed it in the confirmation e-mail I got after I already submitted the form. Since there was no way to make any changes to it at that point, [...]

Edit: never mind, there is a way to edit the form by clicking on the ☰ menu in the top right corner.

Last edited by ProleOnParole; Aug 6, 2020 at 3:24 pm Reason: updated information
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Interesting. I actually wonder what is going to happen with testing as most cases in GR are now domestically transmitted not from tourists. I think GR is focusing too much capacity on tourists and less on the massive increase of domestically transmitted cases.
7 staff tested positive today at the Alemagou beach bar in Mykonos, all symptomatic, fyi....
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Great. Heading to the island on Monday.

Isn't that the bar that was closed down earlier in the summer for violating social distancing rules?
nk15 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by justforfun

Isn't that the bar that was closed down earlier in the summer for violating social distancing rules?
yeah cases are rising significantly in GR throughout the country.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
yeah cases are rising significantly in GR throughout the country.
Hopefully you were not affected by this exposure, as I am guessing you were there just recently?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justforfun

Yes, it was supposedly closed for 2 months, but now it is at least temporarily...Mykonos private parties at villas are in the news every night, the police tries to stop them...
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:45 pm

Hopefully you were not affected by this exposure, as I am guessing you were there just recently?
i was there but I have no idea how much coronavirus is prevalent in mykonos. (Assuming I didn’t have it already in London when it was everywhere Feb/March)

I think they are avoiding testing there to not have too many cases and ruin tourism; this alemagou one only came to light because someone had symptoms and went to a doctor so they then tested all the staff and closed it down. It’s interesting because alemagou is only outdoors so i guess it is easy for it to spread outdoors if it’s busy.

only one club I went to there had contact tracing and that club decided to close once the stricter measures came last week. (It is forbidden to stand in clubs now, only table)

the problem with Greece right now is the general lack of testing and focusing too much on testing arrivals when the virus is already quite spread out domestically, they need to do targeted testing everywhere to see the picture, because if 7 out of 80 people in alemagou have it then who knows who else has it in Mykonos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.