FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe-477/)
-   -   New Greek PLF (Covid-19 passenger arrival form) - Anyone already received a QR code? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/2020682-new-greek-plf-covid-19-passenger-arrival-form-anyone-already-received-qr-code.html)

kiez Jun 30, 2020 5:14 am

New Greek PLF (Covid-19 passenger arrival form) - Anyone already received a QR code?

I am due to fly to Athens from Zurich on Friday
I filled the new PLF (Passenger Locator Form) online yesterday. However I only got an e-mail that they will be in touch shortly but no QR code.

Still nothing received today.

has anyone already received their QR code? How long did it take

Xandrios Jun 30, 2020 6:06 am

How did you get the link to the application? Was that through the airline or you proactively looked it up yourself?

kiez Jun 30, 2020 6:20 am

I used the link Aegeanair provided on their website

https://en.aegeanair.com/passenger-locator-form/

https://travel.gov.gr/#/

Romanianflyer Jun 30, 2020 8:00 am

As they said you can must fill in the form until T-48, I expect you receive the QR code in the 48 hours before your flight departure.

It is only logical that they would send it that time window, as why would they do it earlier? After all, the entire system was meant to gather data and to use an algorithm to decide who will be picked out for a check. So of course they will wait until the window in which passengers can fill in the form will be closed before deciding who can pass freely, and who will be selected for a corona test.

Although I don't have first-hand experience (yet), I assume that around 24 hours before your flight you will receive the code.

I'm by the way due to fly in seven days and already filled in the passenger locator as well - also no reply yet.

Governator Jun 30, 2020 8:03 am

This took me back many many years to my Army Airborne training where we learned the proper way to do a PLF! (Parachute Landing Fall)

Romanianflyer Jun 30, 2020 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 32495971)
How did you get the link to the application? Was that through the airline or you proactively looked it up yourself?

I'm wondering about this as well. I filled it in as I do read the news so came across it.

Although Aegean did make an announcement on its website, I haven't received any email or notification otherwise from the airline to fill it in. I wonder if they will still send out an email to passengers with an active booking. Otherwise there will be for sure dozens of passengers who have never learned that they must fill in the passenger locator online before they set off on their trip.

kiez Jun 30, 2020 8:17 am

Swiss and Aegean both sent notifications. So thats a plus
But I think ROmanianflier is right - they gather data and then decide and can only issue the QR code - makes sense

I will keep you updated - flight is on Friday

giorginho Jun 30, 2020 12:44 pm

I guess the website isn't fully functional, because I dummy-filled the forms and it lets you advance to the next page even if you add today's (or even yesterday's!) date as your arrival date... :confused:

Xandrios Jul 1, 2020 10:49 am

I'm also curious if we can determine what the QR code is saying - e.g. if it includes the status regarding a test being required or not. It would be useful to know beforehand if one should plan extra time for this test to be done at the airport. Has anyone tried pointing a smartphone-qr-reader app at the generated code?

kiez Jul 1, 2020 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 32499612)
I'm also curious if we can determine what the QR code is saying - e.g. if it includes the status regarding a test being required or not. It would be useful to know beforehand if one should plan extra time for this test to be done at the airport. Has anyone tried pointing a smartphone-qr-reader app at the generated code?

just received the code now
i will try this evening

will post a pic what it looks like later

kiez Jul 1, 2020 11:07 am

If you photo/scan the qr code it only takes you to the data you entered and the form

you cannot find out if you are subject to testing just by doing that

giorginho Jul 1, 2020 1:30 pm

At Corfu airport today they tested roughly 20% of the arriving passengers (whereas at Athens a few days ago there was nobody there to test anyone). I guess today's testing was in part "motivated" by the "start of the season" and the news coverage :p​​​​​​.

Anubis13 Jul 2, 2020 10:32 am

So i travel on Monday and filled the form 3-4 days ago. Should I have received something more than the confirmation that I filled the form?

flyertalker0039345 Jul 2, 2020 11:18 am

I filled out the PLF last Sunday and I'm also traveling on Mon. Nothing yet, but makes sense we'll get the codes during the weekend, once the application window closes and their smart system evaluates the latest pandemic info from our countries.

Romanianflyer Jul 2, 2020 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 32500040)
At Corfu airport today they tested roughly 20% of the arriving passengers (whereas at Athens a few days ago there was nobody there to test anyone). I guess today's testing was in part "motivated" by the "start of the season" and the news coverage :p​​​​​​.

At HER every single person on two flights from Romania (OTP and CLJ) were tested, with lots of Romanians complaining in the press they had to wait with hundreds of other passengers in a cramped room for 3 to 4 hours until they were finally processed.

My bet is that the Greek authorities want to show to the local population they take it seriously, as well as gathering some statistics which they can use for future flights. Reportedly none was infected with could use that as data point to determine the amount of tests done on future flights from similar destinations.

Although it could also be the case that with less flights coming in at regional airports as opposed to ATH, they still have the test capacity to test this many pax there, while in ATH they would never be able to do so.