Wiki Posts
Search

Netherlands Travel Warning

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
When in doubt (e.g. I recently travelled to Kosovo because of work and wanted to go and see other places apart from the capital city), I normally go for the Foreign Travel Advice on gov.uk: always up-to-date, no-nonsense, 'elegantly' written and with plenty of useful info - very British indeed

G
That site also includes the very useful variation of:

Although there’s no recent history of terrorism in Bermuda, attacks can’t be ruled out.
for nearly every country, except for those where it is to be expected!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
for nearly every country, except for those where it is to be expected!
Exactly, that's my issue with it. I generally think people should pay more attention to travel warnings than they do. At least "know before you go" rather than ignoring. But warnings that state "nothing has ever happened, and there's no reason it will, but it might, so be careful" seem pointless to me. Just my personal belief I guess, but I'd like to see warnings confined to areas where there has been prior trouble or intelligence agencies have determined there is a credible threat. Or at least worded in a different way. Many people would get an alert about the Netherlands and not take the time to think it through, but just react out of irrational fear.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:34 pm

No need to act upon this warning tho. I am Dutch and I can tell you it is save to travel here
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
What's their security level for the USA? Level 2? Or are they at Level 3 "reconsider travel" yet?

Meanwhile, International SOS (business travel advice service) still has the security risk for Netherlands as "low".

(yes, I'm aware the US State Department doesn't express an opinion on how safe the USA is)
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flatlander
What's their security level for the USA? Level 2? Or are they at Level 3 "reconsider travel" yet?

Meanwhile, International SOS (business travel advice service) still has the security risk for Netherlands as "low".

(yes, I'm aware the US State Department doesn't express an opinion on how safe the USA is)
We don’t do STEP alerts for the US. Not even an option.

I would say that I’m more likely to be a victim of very serious bodily harm around neighborhoods in the US than around neighborhoods in the Schengen zone, and so I would think that the State Dept. travel advisories should be one to advise Americans to decamp en masse from the US and go to the Netherlands and other places in the Schengen zone until risk levels equalize.
KLouis and :D! like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.