Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber out of KRK?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Uber out of KRK?

I'm assuming this is fairly straight forward at the Krakow airport? Just checking

Edit: Just realized I used KRA instead of KRK in the title.

Moderator's note: duly corrected.

Last edited by stut; Jun 19, 2019 at 11:31 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by malgudi
I'm assuming this is fairly straight forward at the Krakow airport? Just checking
Yes there's Uber but KRK is a bit farther out of town than places like WAW or POZ, so you might want to consider the cheap shuttle service also (it takes you to the main train station, Dworzec Glowny).
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Looking to get to hotel in Old Town (approx 10 miles away).
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:23 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
An official taxi is PLN 86 (below EUR 20) max (fixed price). Uber is cheaper but many drivers are from Ukraine and drive aggressively. You may save a few EUR by using Uber, but I take the official taxi as this is more convenient.
malgudi and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:28 am

The train service is 9 PLN (slightly over EUR 2). Duration: 19 min
Taxi/Uber - 50-70 min.
downinit likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by abeyro
The train service is 9 PLN (slightly over EUR 2). Duration: 19 min
Taxi/Uber - 50-70 min.
50-70 minutes by taxi? Really?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by fallinasleep
50-70 minutes by taxi? Really?
They probably got confused with Heathrow/M25... Jokes aside, 40 minutes with congested traffic (and if you are clueless about alternative routes like myself, taxi drivers clearly won’t be). Still, though, train is the best option if you ask me.

G
downinit and fallinasleep like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks! But we will have luggage
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
There's also a bus service which goes right into the Old Town. There's a stop next to the Sheraton Grand.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Related question - KTW

As I try to avoid having PLN cash, what are my cashless taxi options to/from town? It seems that the MyTaxi app (just renamed to something else) is working in Katowice, what about Uber?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:41 am

Uber is indeed available in Katowice/Pyrzowice but I'd personally go for the mini-bus service (https://www.matuszek.com.pl/a_index.php?lang=en), which is run by a private business so nothing to do with public transport. Cheap-and-cheerful, very reliable, frequent services and it takes you straight to the train station (with just one stop in between).

G
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I landed at KTW and as the above post says, there were plenty of Matuszek buses just outside the terminal. However, as my hotel is ca 2 km from the terminus of the buses, I opted for the Uber option - it was 82 PLN (vs 20 for the bus) and the driver arrived within 5 mins of booking the trip. My other taxi app works, too (was MyTaxi, renamed to FreeNow - good one, too, works in a large number of European cities) for about the same price but indicated a 30 mins waiting time. There seems to be plenty of availability TO the airport, which is surprisingly far.
The regular taxis would charge about 140-160PLN.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I landed at KTW and as the above post says, there were plenty of Matuszek buses just outside the terminal. However, as my hotel is ca 2 km from the terminus of the buses, I opted for the Uber option - it was 82 PLN (vs 20 for the bus) and the driver arrived within 5 mins of booking the trip. My other taxi app works, too (was MyTaxi, renamed to FreeNow - good one, too, works in a large number of European cities) for about the same price but indicated a 30 mins waiting time. There seems to be plenty of availability TO the airport, which is surprisingly far.
The regular taxis would charge about 140-160PLN.
Given the difference in price (which is a lot more than I would have expected actually) it's not surprising the taxis are willing to wait around for a fare while the Uber drivers will mostly focus on the city, hence the availability in the opposite direction. Lately I've been finding Uber to be more expensive than other pre-booked options.

And it is far, I think in Poland only SZZ is farther from the centre.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by theSaladDays
And it is far, I think in Poland only SZZ is farther from the centre.
Nope – Zielona Góra & Olsztyn 'beat' everyone else in that 'league'

G
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Nope – Zielona Góra & Olsztyn 'beat' everyone else in that 'league'

G
Ha! Without wishing to upset anyone, I tend to forget that Zielona Góra actually has an airport. I still think SZZ is farther by about 5-10km though, at least going by google directions.

Also forgot that Szymany had appropriated the name of a city 60km away! Definitely straight out of the Frankfurt Hahn school of geography
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.