Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where do I go through Customs/Immigration? [Flying to AMS with a connection in DUB]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where do I go through Customs/Immigration? [Flying to AMS with a connection in DUB]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Zol
Ireland is outside the Schengen Zone so you will have to clear immigration and customs at AMS. DUB will solely be a transit point and you should remain airside (unless you are on separate PNRs and/or need to go airside to collect baggage)
OP won't be clearing customs in AMS - the DUB-AMS flight is intra-EU, so he would be clearing customs in DUB and immigration in AMS (confusing, I know) Not that there would likely be any visible customs if staying airside. OTOH, going landside in DUB would mean clearing immigration both in DUB and in AMS.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
OP won't be clearing customs in AMS - the DUB-AMS flight is intra-EU, so he would be clearing customs in DUB and immigration in AMS (confusing, I know) Not that there would likely be any visible customs if staying airside. OTOH, going landside in DUB would mean clearing immigration both in DUB and in AMS.
No, that is not how it works.

You clear customs in this case in AMS as that is where you retrieve your luggage. Of course it usually is just a stroll through the green lane.

Generally the process flying to a Schengen area destination is: you clear immigration at the first Schengen Airport, and customs at your final destination.
:D! and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Splitting hairs now, but DUB-AMS is an intra-EU flight (but not intra-Schengen) therefore no customs, so you'd stroll through the blue lane - which is at many airports combined into the green lane. With checked luggage it's visible if it was checked in in the EU (green stripe on label) or not, but with HBO it's impossible to tell.

But just splitting hairs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.