Wiki Posts
Search

Krakow - hotel old town

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Krakow - hotel old town

Three female friends visiting Krakow this autumn. We would like to stay in the old town and prefer a historic hotel, preferably small (boutique?). Clean, quiet and charming with a central location. Any recommendations?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Musken
Three female friends visiting Krakow this autumn. We would like to stay in the old town and prefer a historic hotel, preferably small (boutique?). Clean, quiet and charming with a central location. Any recommendations?
Its not in the old town but a 10-15 min walk I think. The Sheraton is by the water and across from the castle which is beautiful when lit up at night
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Musken
When I was there in 2016, a FlyerTalk Krakow expert recommended Hotel Stary, which I booked. It's right on the corner of the main square and Old Town, yet was very quiet. Very nice hotel, each room was unique. Clean, and had friendly service. My room had a very modern bathroom with a huge shower (not sure if they all did). I didn't try the restaurant but it's highly rated. There's an excellent bakery about 50 meters away, or take advantage of the very affordable breakfasts offered at the restaurants in the square. I'd say look it up and see if it's for you. I would certainly stay there again.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:10 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Thanks for the tips, I will check them out.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Hotel

Dusting off an old thread. Any recommendations for a hotel in Krakow? Anything in Kazimierz?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:56 am

I stayed in Betmanowska Residences a few years ago and I would highly recommend it. It is right on the square, with an excellent view and close to the train station. The rooms do a great job of incorporating the historic with the modern. We got one of the rooms with a spa tub, which was well worth the small surcharge (the overall room rates are an incredible value). The breakfast was also very good, and there are plenty of good bars and restaurants within a few blocks. The Krakow city center is very compact and walkable, but staying directly on the square was one of the highlights of our visit.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by downinit
I stayed in Betmanowska Residences a few years ago and I would highly recommend it. It is right on the square, with an excellent view and close to the train station. The rooms do a great job of incorporating the historic with the modern. We got one of the rooms with a spa tub, which was well worth the small surcharge (the overall room rates are an incredible value). The breakfast was also very good, and there are plenty of good bars and restaurants within a few blocks. The Krakow city center is very compact and walkable, but staying directly on the square was one of the highlights of our visit.
Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Dusting off an old thread. Any recommendations for a hotel in Krakow? Anything in Kazimierz?
If you have any interest in an AirBNB, there are a number of places in and near Kazimierz that are beautiful and well-priced. We stayed in 2/2 apartment overlooking the square that was hands down the best Airbnb I've ever stayed in, and I recall there being many other nice places within a few blocks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.