Wiki Posts
Search

Turkey in December

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Turkey in December

(Sorry, I see this should be in the Europe forum.)

With recent events, what are your thoughts on trying to go to Turkey over New Year's as an American citizen? I would very much like to return, but am afraid to put down $ and have my e-visa revoked. I saw they honored existing e-visas during the last spat, but this one seems pretty serious.

Last edited by Taoyuan; Oct 15, 2019 at 2:32 am
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Moved to the Europe forum where this thread belongs.

NewbieRunner
Senior Mod
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Taoyuan

With recent events, what are your thoughts on trying to go to Turkey over New Year's as an American citizen? I would very much like to return, but am afraid to put down $ and have my e-visa revoked. I saw they honored existing e-visas during the last spat, but this one seems pretty serious.
Just a reminder that in the last spat, they didn't cancel the existing e-visas for USA citizens; but they didn't issue e-visas for future travels and they didn't give VOA ( visa on arrival ) for USA citizens.

If you have a valid e-visa ( for your travel dates ) in your pocket, you shall be fine.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Taoyuan

I was in Turkey during that time when the United States ceased all Visas from Turkey Nationals, and then Turkey reciprocated. However, just like the previous poster indicated, they didn't revoke any existing Visas and actually we're still accepting VOAs or applications at Turkish embassies outside the United States. I would still make plans to go. Have fun! I really loved the Cappadocia region. Very magical.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Thanks for the posts. I do have an e-visa, so this makes me feel a lot better. Looking forward to Cappadocia.
Sinter and ISTFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.