Search

Malta or Sicily - 1 week ? Christmas time

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Malta or Sicily - 1 week ? Christmas time

Hello Folks,

Am in Moscow, have not yet booked anything and hence searching around for decent locations for a two week break from around 24/25th Dec - 5/6th Jan..

High level idea is as follows :
Depart Moscow on 24/25th for either Malta / Sicily..
Relax and go around the place.
Depart Malta / Sicily for Istanbul around 30/31st Dec.
New years week in Istanbul before traveling back to Moscow around 6th..

Current plan to spend new years eve in Istanbul but am flexible to change it to one of the above places if NYE is better than Istanbul .. guess not ?

We are a family with a 4 yr kid. Not been to either of these places and am aware that sea would be too cold for swimming, but it would not be 'typical hot' weather. Looking for a relaxing break with good local sightseeing options..

Which would you recommend ?

Thanks, A
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:14 am

You're comparing one apple with 10 kilograms of oranges. Obviously I refer to size and number of must-see places!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
You're comparing one apple with 10 kilograms of oranges. Obviously I refer to size and number of must-see places!
OK..o
Guess the oranges refers to sicily ?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
OK..o
Guess the oranges refers to sicily ?
Given my food habits, when I think of Sicily I rather of Likėnga rather than oranges but, yes, you're right. I was there for the first time when my kids were 8-9 years old and they loved temples, Etna, different cities, etc. I think that 10 days in Malta in the winf=nter (=no swimming) may be too much for your kid.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Given my food habits, when I think of Sicily I rather of Likėnga rather than oranges but, yes, you're right. I was there for the first time when my kids were 8-9 years old and they loved temples, Etna, different cities, etc. I think that 10 days in Malta in the winf=nter (=no swimming) may be too much for your kid.
I hv gone ahead and booked tickets for Sicily.. 6 nights from 24th - 30th Dec..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.