Search

No life in BRU after 19.00?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
No life in BRU after 19.00?

Meeting a friend just to exchange papers at 18.00+, I planned for a flight to LHR. SN beeing only carrier with flights after late afternoon Saturday seemed fine.

Little did I know that BRU terminal B was a deserted area with no service at all. Entering for my 21.05 flight at 19.10, I found the terminal completely deserted, all the cafés, juice bars etc beeing closed. Feling stranded at B05, where my flight was to leave, I saw a sign (no, no, calm down now) very far away in the terminal saying :

BAR

inviting me to proceed three moving walkways along to find a place with all chairs/stools beeinmg turned upside down, and when finally finding someone to speak to, it turned out to have been closed at 19.00.

On the lounge floor, 1 flight of stairs above, only the pay-per-view Diamond lounge was open, but considering I wanted an Espresso & 1 glass of water, I opted out from the day-rate of €35.

I will certainly re-think any travel through BRU Saturdays after 17.30 in the future.

Last edited by onobond; Dec 8, 2014 at 12:53 pm Reason: typos
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
That sounds like a lot of airports I've been to on Saturday nights. It's just not a busy travel day in most places.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
The GrabAndFly at the beginning of the pier should have been open, according to http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/pas...b/restos/4443/
Winter season (last Sunday of October until last Saturday of March)
Monday to Friday: 4.30 am - 9 pm
Saturday: 03.30 am - 9 pm
Sunday: 4 am - 9 pm
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
The cleaners just left GrabAndFly when I entered the terminal. In fact, the only business still open on the complete departure/gate floor was the currency exchange.

As I was looking for coffee, I found the lady at that desk actually counted other beans...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.