Wiki Posts
Search

Flight connections Brussels - Stockholm

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
Flight connections Brussels - Stockholm

Scoured the forums but haven't found an answer reflecting my situation.

I booked flights for December 23 LGW-BRU on Easyjet arriving BRU at 18:45. I then will take a 20:00 Aegean flight to Athens. I didn't give this a second thought as I know the airport and was only planning to take hand luggage, but as things have transpired I will need to take sporting equipment too.

Does anyone have experience with this airport when it comes to baggage handling? I won't need to do a terminal change but will need to collect oversize baggage and make it across to check-in by 19:20... Feasible if no delays?

The second question is Stockholm Arlanda.
Due to a dodgy travel agent that has since gone bankrupt, I am left with a starting segment I never asked for and with no one to complain to about it. I spoke to BA and my best options is just to make the segment or miss it and have my whole ticket cancelled or buy a new ticket. So, with that said, I need to fly out of Stockholm to LHR at 8:55pm on February 23. There is a very cheap Norwegian Air arriving at 8:15, same terminal and I won't even have hand luggage. There is a much more expensive BA arriving at 8:10. The safe option is BA since it is the same aircraft as I will be departing in, hence if it arrives late it will leave late. Would I be mad to take Norwegian Air? I would check in online of course.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
1. Maybe better to split this into two threads.
2. I wouldn't count on being able to check in the sporting equipment in time. Bagage delivery is not blazing fast in BRU, and sports equipment is usually delivered by hand at the "oversize luggage" point. And the A3 will not be very willing to allow late check-in with special luggage. BTW: there is only one terminal in BRU but two piers, A and B. You will arrive from UK in B (non-Schengen) and depart to Greece from A (Schengen), so quite a walk but 1:15 should be enough for that.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply Ghentleman. I have gone ahead and risked it for the Brussels flight. I am Aegean Gold and might upgrade my ticket to business - as they offer 4 free upgrades per year as a free perk to their gold members. I'm hoping this will make the ticket agent cut me some slack should I be late.

Still undecided about Arlanda - if anyone can weigh in would be much appreciated! In my experience Norwegian are excellent both in terms of service and being on-time.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by eshroom
I am Aegean Gold and might upgrade my ticket to business - as they offer 4 free upgrades per year as a free perk to their gold members.
I'm not aware of this. Can you point me to the T&C regarding this?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Ghentleman
I'm not aware of this. Can you point me to the T&C regarding this?
that's a perk with the "new" program. Nobody knows how they'll handle it: only upon reaching gold? For all gold members? Will all fare classes be upgradable? I guess that in a few days we'll know.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:01 am
Original Poster

So I just tried to upgrade a couple of flights. The first one, Athens - Geneva on December 28th has no business availability (although on their websites it says there are 4 spaces left). The second was booked with United miles and I was told I can only upgrade paid tickets not award tickets. Disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.