Wiki Posts
Search

Cyprus: Larnaca to Paphos direct?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Cyprus: Larnaca to Paphos direct?

Is there is direct bus from Larnaca to Phaphos? I've checked a number of websites but everything seems to go through Limassol with a long connection time (multiple hours).
Other options were through Nicosia (sort of). Short trip to Nicosia and them direct to Paphos. This however has long connections too (from what I can tell)

Thanks

Cheers
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:22 am

Well, unless you use a helicopter, you do have to go through Limassol as it is approximately half-way between the two cities, roughly on a straight line (or, rather, a slight curve around the mountain). As far as buses are concerned, since the very first time I went to Cyprus, I was amazed by the scarcity of bus lines, both city and outside. Amazingly, only visitors seem to realise that, the locals always suggesting taxis. At any rate, avoid going through Nicosia, it will be a lmuch onger trip.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:42 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
The availability of buses in Cyprus is much better now than it was several years ago. Nevertheless, there is no direct bus from Larnaca to Paphos. There is an airport in Paphos so you can fly there instead of Larnaca.

There is a shuttle from Larnaca to Paphos but this does involve a bus change in Limassol with a connection that should not be more than 1 hour.

I don't know anyone who has used it so I cannot comment on the service.

Have you considered hiring a car? They are not expensive and if you have any plans to see more than Paphos, a car is recommended.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
No helicopter but the layovers on the route (I did notice that Limassol was half-way) are a bit extreme. Long waits

Maybe I can plan a day in Limassol.

Hadn't thought about a car. Will look into that.

Thanks

Originally Posted by KLouis
Well, unless you use a helicopter, you do have to go through Limassol as it is approximately half-way between the two cities, roughly on a straight line (or, rather, a slight curve around the mountain). As far as buses are concerned, since the very first time I went to Cyprus, I was amazed by the scarcity of bus lines, both city and outside. Amazingly, only visitors seem to realise that, the locals always suggesting taxis. At any rate, avoid going through Nicosia, it will be a lmuch onger trip.
Originally Posted by STBCypriot
The availability of buses in Cyprus is much better now than it was several years ago. Nevertheless, there is no direct bus from Larnaca to Paphos. There is an airport in Paphos so you can fly there instead of Larnaca.

There is a shuttle from Larnaca to Paphos but this does involve a bus change in Limassol with a connection that should not be more than 1 hour.

I don't know anyone who has used it so I cannot comment on the service.

Have you considered hiring a car? They are not expensive and if you have any plans to see more than Paphos, a car is recommended.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:53 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I'm seeing one hour layovers in Limassol. Not sure I would call that extreme. Have you looked at this website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.