Zurich - Airport and city

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, AA,UA,DLTA, SW CP, Starwood Gold, Priority Plat.

Did a bit of searching, and cannot find this detailed info.

We arrive into Zurich on Sunday at 11 am. We are flying Swiss Business class in December.

I am wondering how long it takes to get luggage, and out of the airport. We will take the shuttle to the airport Hilton that operates every 20 minutes. We want to get checked in, or drop off luggage, and go back to the airport, and take train to town.

We only have one night and wanted to do the trolley tour to see the city. The last one leaves at 2pm. - All tours depart from the SIHLQUAI Bus Terminal, located 200 meters behind the Zurich main train station.

We have three hours from scheduled arrival. It is a short flight from Paris, so it should not be too off, unless weather issues. - Can we make it in time?

Also I did hear something about Zurich being shut down on Sundays. (most businesses) Is that true? Can you still see most tourist sites?

thanks for any help.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:18 am

You'll have plenty of time to make it into the city after your arrival. The Hilton is only a five minute ride from ZRH. Luggage arrives fairly quickly at baggage claim.

The city is fairly quiet on Sunday. I find the old part of the city a little more active than on Bahnhofstrasse on Sunday.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by vic2010
Also I did hear something about Zurich being shut down on Sundays. (most businesses) Is that true? Can you still see most tourist sites?
Yes. Shops are closed. Museums/tourist sites are open.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:20 am
Suspended

Also I did hear something about Zurich being shut down on Sundays.
Yes like in the most Middle European Country....
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:38 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
(1)Under the Zurich Main Station, the RailCity shops (nearly 150) are open 365 days a year.
(2)In the worst case scenario, you make your "own" tour of Zurich. Since you are not planning on visiting museums, buy a ZVV day card (covering just transportation). When you get back to the airport (after checking in at the Hilton), take a #10 tram, from the airport to downtown--you get to see 30 minutes worth of Zurich. With a bit of research and with the aid of the tourist office in Zurich Main Station, you could see lots more than the "official" tour. The Zurich tram system is very good. [A trip up to Mt. Utliberg is included with a ZVV day card.]

Last edited by nrr; Nov 4, 2014 at 1:46 pm
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:52 pm

So expensive... times 2!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.