Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Crazy Numbers Sale (if you do 4 trips before June)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2008, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G

Maybe Etihad's running quite low occupancy in the mid-east.
With 3.5mths timeframe for flights, it might be useful for someone.

Choose among seven destinations (round trips )
Prices are not all-in; a lot of conditions (limited seats, not refundable or reroutable).

I'm not sure if it's such a crazy sale. Is this like a crazy Persian rug sale?*

Sale to Feb 20; travel until 31 May 08:
On offer are special fares starting AED 300* for a single round trip — and with every additional roundtrip, you pay even less per flight. So if you book four flights, you actually pay as little as AED 150 per flight! What's more, you also earn Etihad Guest Miles if you are a member of our loyalty programme.

Crazy fares are available to the following destinations: Bahrain, Dammam, Doha, Kuwait, Muscat, Riyadh and Tehran. You may choose four round trips to one destination or up to a maximum of four return flights to any of these destinations. Remember, all flights must be booked for the same Guest.
* Aussies may be the only ones to understand this joke.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 7:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by BiziBB
I'm not sure if it's such a crazy sale. Is this like a crazy Persian rug sale?*

* Aussies may be the only ones to understand this joke.
And Kiwis.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Choice.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Four return flights = USD$162 ++

So if you book four flights, you actually pay as little as AED 150 per flight
I just noticed another story on the sale and AED 300 = USD$81 (for one RT);

Four flights qualifying for the 4@ AED 150 price (@$40+ taxes RT, each) might be good for miles and status.

Has anyone looked into the flights purely for status or mileage accumulation, like a good FTer?

Last edited by BiziBB; Feb 13, 2008 at 3:29 pm Reason: Edited for clarity
Old Feb 16, 2008, 3:50 am

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club
Has anyone looked into the flights purely for status or mileage accumulation, like a good FTer?
Mid East flights get a flat 500 miles in Y each way (at least I know BAH and KWI do from AUH), so 4000 miles only

Much better earnings on long haul. Like SYD-AUH I did last month. In Y but asked for a seat with empty seat adjacent at check-in. Etihad ground attendant overheard and piped up 'we've already blocked a whole row for you sir, as you are our most loyal guest today'. 4 seats to myself on a 14 hr flight. Brilliant Etihad ^^^
Old Feb 16, 2008, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

RowH, what % full was Y on your flight?
We were also given blocked seats but the section was <40% full BNE-SIN-AUH.

It is good to be EY Gold!

Well we'll scratch this sale for FTers;
If I was in the region, maybe it would be a nice tourism option. Haven't even come across Dammam as a destination before.

Still, it must be pretty good value per mile. SYD-SIN was $500ish for 4k ($0.08/mile? exc status multipliers) so let me know if there are similar long haul deals, hopefully to Euro destinations.

Last edited by BiziBB; Feb 16, 2008 at 5:37 am Reason: cpm hopes
Old Feb 17, 2008, 8:42 am

Four flights qualifying for the 4@ AED 150 price (@$40+ taxes RT, each) might be good for miles and status.

No, but I'm about to!!
Old Feb 17, 2008, 9:49 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold
We were also given blocked seats but the section was <40% full BNE-SIN-AUH.

It is good to be EY Gold!

Well we'll scratch this sale for FTers;
If I was in the region, maybe it would be a nice tourism option. Haven't even come across Dammam as a destination before.

Still, it must be pretty good value per mile. SYD-SIN was $500ish for 4k ($0.08/mile? exc status multipliers) so let me know if there are similar long haul deals, hopefully to Euro destinations.
So they actually 'block' the seats beside you if you're EY Gold? Or you just ask nicely for that regardless of your status?
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:11 am

Choice.
Chur chur bro
Old Feb 17, 2008, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amateur305
So they actually 'block' the seats beside you if you're EY Gold? Or you just ask nicely for that regardless of your status?

I asked on checkin, given new BPs at the gate.
Contract staffer just needed EY staff to approve, then it was done.

Funny thing is that this was the lowest long-haul load I've EVER seen; there was no need to block our seats.

Rather than refuse the request, it was done, maybe just to make me happy. It worked.

EY trip report, January 24.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:41 am

Not full, and I'd guess around 50%, maybe a bit more. Possibly just a nice gesture, but I don't recall more than 1 or 2 other pax flat out on 4 seats on the flight, and they were all at the back.

Before I got gold, I had to play the seat shuffle as soon as doors were closed. Blocking takes away some of the uncertainty. Haven't tried it on a full flight yet. And I didn't have to ask that trip. It was already in the system before I checked in (or so I was led to believe).
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by amateur305
I've had seat blocking before on MAN-AUH when I had no EY status (just a new Guest card). But a BD gold card might have helped (it's a codeshare) even though there is no official recognition of BD benefits with EY.

So after that I always asked, nicely.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 5:33 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
To sweeten the deal for Fters, Etihad is also running a double miles promotion. However, even then its something like $0.085 per mile. so not such a great deal.

I think its perfect however if ur just short of 1,000 miles or so, then this will help u get that silver/gold status.

I have enough flights that shud help me jump to gold by end april, so Im passing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.