Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips on prices for EY flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2023, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Tips on prices for EY flights

Hello everyone. (Potential) newbie on EY here. I am planning on traveling to South Africa sometime in about 8 months. I am looking at several possible itineraries to JNB. Potential departure points are CPH, MXP, FCO, ARN, BRU, BCN.
What would you consider to be a good price for these routes in J? Two days ago I had seen some r/t fares for EUR 1,750 or so. I didn't buy anything as I wanted to do some further research (also for positioning flights), but now can only find fares around the EUR 1,950-2,100 mark.
I am hoping the fares will return to the 1,750 mark, though 1,950 would also be ok. (Do EY prices tend to go up over the weekend or is it just wishful thinking?)
Thank you.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nickal320
Hello everyone. (Potential) newbie on EY here. I am planning on traveling to South Africa sometime in about 8 months. I am looking at several possible itineraries to JNB. Potential departure points are CPH, MXP, FCO, ARN, BRU, BCN.
What would you consider to be a good price for these routes in J? Two days ago I had seen some r/t fares for EUR 1,750 or so. I didn't buy anything as I wanted to do some further research (also for positioning flights), but now can only find fares around the EUR 1,950-2,100 mark.
I am hoping the fares will return to the 1,750 mark, though 1,950 would also be ok. (Do EY prices tend to go up over the weekend or is it just wishful thinking?)
Thank you.
If they went up over the weekend they have come back down again. Stopover times not ideal
Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Agent69
If they went up over the weekend they have come back down again. Stopover times not ideal
They went up on Sunday. The increase was on the inbound segment. I’ll keep an eye on them, hopefully they’ll come down again in the week.

I know the transfer in AUH is rather long, but it seems to be the best value for money of all the J fares I’ve found.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.