Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge In Abu Dhabi?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2023, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Lounge In Abu Dhabi?

Hi all,

So I dont have lounge privilages with Etihad and will be flying into T3 and it seems out of T3. It seems in T3 only EY lounges exist, I have a Amex Plat and Priority Pass, it seems lounges exist in T1 and T2, which is the quickest to get to and practically do I need a boading pass for the terminal or is it easy to pass through?
Old Aug 12, 2023, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by suley
Hi all,

So I dont have lounge privilages with Etihad and will be flying into T3 and it seems out of T3. It seems in T3 only EY lounges exist, I have a Amex Plat and Priority Pass, it seems lounges exist in T1 and T2, which is the quickest to get to and practically do I need a boarding pass for the terminal or is it easy to pass through?
Pretty straight forward to get from T3 to T1. Max 10 mins walk from the duty free in T3 to the Al Dhabi lounge in T1 for example. It's signposted as well to get from T3 to T1 as well, no checks between terminals. Only thing is that the lounges in T1 get busy quickly so be prepared for a queue to get in.
suley likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tyriusmaximus
Pretty straight forward to get from T3 to T1. Max 10 mins walk from the duty free in T3 to the Al Dhabi lounge in T1 for example. It's signposted as well to get from T3 to T1 as well, no checks between terminals. Only thing is that the lounges in T1 get busy quickly so be prepared for a queue to get in.
Thank you, also welcome to FT and making your first post! I have to ask would you say T2 is better? I did think i could walk across but thought i would check as some airports dont allow
Old Aug 12, 2023, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by suley
Thank you, also welcome to FT and making your first post! I have to ask would you say T2 is better? I did think i could walk across but thought i would check as some airports dont allow
Thanks for the welcome!

I've not ventured over to T2 so wouldn't be able to comment on it, just have the experience of moving between T3 and T1 for that lounge only really as both of these terminals are connected through a walkway but can't advise about T2 unfortunately.
​​
Old Aug 13, 2023, 1:37 am

Programs: EY Platinum
T2 is much further away. I've lived here 13 years and never had a flight from T2. I think it must be low-cost and/or charter flights
Old Aug 14, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Only Priority Pass option is the AL Dhabi in T1 - over the years the quality has gone down and it does get busy during the peak transit hours of late evening and mornings. I don't think its possible to get to T2.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I guess T1 it is, hopefully it wont be too bad. In Doha it was pretty busy but they decided to redirect pax to other lounges and accept priority pass
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:57 pm

T1 and T3 are connected to each other and you can freely move between them, T2 is basically a glorified large warehouse of a building which is about a 5 min drive on the other side of the airport, and is mostly used for the discount carriers form sub continent like Spicejet, Indigo etc.

They recently opened a new separate section in the Al Dhabi lounge which is for business class ticketed pax only and that has made more space available for the PP guests, its a half decent place for a few hours. It is the only lounge option you have in AUH if you cannot access the EY lounge.
uspurs likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have a flight from LHR in J that arrives at about 1am. Anyone know how crowded the EY J lounge in T3 will be at that time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.