Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying without a last name on Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Flying without a last name on Etihad

I bought a ticket for my MIL from BKK to YYZ with a layover in Abu Dhabi on Etihad using Aeroplan (Air Canada) points. According to Air Canada (website, and a phone call), in the booking they want me to put "LNU" - Last name unknown, in the box for her last name. I asked if I could be emailed this, but the customer service rep said it wasn't necessary, that this was standard across the industry.

I decided to tweet Etihad to confirm. Instead of confirming, they told me to use her first name as her last name - and in the first name box to put "FNU" for first name unknown. To me this doesn't make any sense at all. At the same time, I found an new article about a passenger flying on Etihad with no last name, and they told them to put "LNU" as their last name in that article.

Is the Etihad tweet wrong? Should I be putting LNU?
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I see FNU used more than LNU:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-...ppears-as-fnu/
Old Jun 19, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
According to Etihad Policy Hub
https://www.etihadhub.com/en-ae/policy-library When the surname is not available, update the name using one of the following formats:

Enter the given name in the last name field and enter the given name as FNU (First Name Unknown) followed by the title. LNU must not be used in the name field. Update the name on the booking as HABEEB MOHAMMAD/FNU MR

Enter the given name(s) in the last name field and add a title in the first name field is accepted by Etihad Airways. E.g. HABEEB MOHAMMED/MR
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.