Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indirect bus/flight combo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Indirect bus/flight combo

Afternoon - I've seen some interesting and fairly cheap flights on google, which are BHX-MAN-AUH-MAN-BHX - but the Birmingham to Manchester legs are via bus/coach. Doing it this way seems to work out a lot cheaper than a straightforward MAN-AUH return - some sort of regional take on an ex-EU bargain perhaps!

Anyway, my question is if I booked these, and just went directly to MAN, would not taking the bus be considered a no-show and cancel the remaining legs, or is it not that joined up?

Same question really when booking LHR-AUH-DXB with their bus service into Dubai - does it matter if you actually take the bus (relevant if you want to book an Etihad holiday package to Dubai as it will always add the bus journey on, even if quicker just to get a taxi...)

thanks
RC
Old Mar 17, 2023, 12:16 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The Dubai bus is known not to matter but I've no idea on the Birmingham one, is it National Express or something? Obviously trying to emulate Emirates service from Birmingham but without an aircraft, I've not heard of this before
ratechaser likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
The Dubai bus is known not to matter but I've no idea on the Birmingham one, is it National Express or something? Obviously trying to emulate Emirates service from Birmingham but without an aircraft, I've not heard of this before
Good to know about the DXB bus - one to file for future use! Here's a random example of the combo out of BHX if it's of interest... as you'll see from the timing, driving to MAN and skipping the bus would definitely be preferable!

Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Can't imagine National Express is in any way reporting check in to Etihad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.