Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tired of EY lies

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Tired of EY lies

We were given cash vouchers in early October for an attempted downgrade. Since then I have spoken 8 different phone agents and had multiple contacts with the official lurker here. On my initial contact I was asked for and provided bank account details, and was told the refund would be paid within 7 - 45 days. Since then I have been asked to provide the banking details again 4 more times, each of which I have given them the exact same details i provided initially, and have checked with my bank that they are correct.

I have been promised call backs or emails on 4 separate occasions, none of which have been honoured. In the last 2 weeks, I have had 2 agents tell me that the refund has been made. After I checked with my bank and found that international transfers can take up to 5 business days, and still had nothing 7 business days later, another agent PROMISED me an email with the transaction details yesterday.

After not receiving the promised email, the agent I contacted last night want back to the same stalling tactics I've been getting all along. They refuse to provide contact details for me to escalate this, and insist that they can't contact the internal refund department, and that all they can do is email them.

I first tried to escalate this issue with the official lurker here in December, and get the same stalling tactics "please wait, we will get back to you" and again no response or resolution. It seems that I will have to take legal action to get anywhere with this organisation.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 1:19 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Customer service seems to have moved to their Serbia call centre, is all cut paste and forget. One of the many reasons after 15 years at the top tier that I'm burning Miles and Travel Bank and moving lock stock to Qatar despite the inconvenience
fridgy likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:33 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Go on linkedin, find the top brass' emails and email them directly.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Customer service seems to have moved to their Serbia call centre, is all cut paste and forget. One of the many reasons after 15 years at the top tier that I'm burning Miles and Travel Bank and moving lock stock to Qatar despite the inconvenience
I had a huge issue with EY, which ultimately culminated in me saying take my status and I promise to never fly with you again. I moved to QR, and now sadly, I am looking back to EY.

Why?
1. EY has plusgrade which for me saved me oodles of cash.
2. Calling EY is like pulling teeth, but it is still miles ahead of QR who will tell you something is not possible. The only way around this is HUCA. Last year an upgrade using avios took 3 days and over 15 calls to get it done. This was despite me having two bookings one that was upgraded and one that wasnt. Each time i was told it was impossible, I asked how come my other ticket was upgraded.
3. EY does OP-Ups, I had a 1 in 3 upgrade. My last flight in economy Y, had an empty business class and still they were quite content to leave me despite asking for an upgrade.

Sure these things are not "rights" but they are nice to have.

Now to the OP, keep calling. It took me over a year to get a refund but I came right in the end.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zimstyles
I had a huge issue with EY, which ultimately culminated in me saying take my status and I promise to never fly with you again. I moved to QR, and now sadly, I am looking back to EY.

Why?
1. EY has plusgrade which for me saved me oodles of cash.
2. Calling EY is like pulling teeth, but it is still miles ahead of QR who will tell you something is not possible. The only way around this is HUCA. Last year an upgrade using avios took 3 days and over 15 calls to get it done. This was despite me having two bookings one that was upgraded and one that wasnt. Each time i was told it was impossible, I asked how come my other ticket was upgraded.
3. EY does OP-Ups, I had a 1 in 3 upgrade. My last flight in economy Y, had an empty business class and still they were quite content to leave me despite asking for an upgrade.

Sure these things are not "rights" but they are nice to have.

Now to the OP, keep calling. It took me over a year to get a refund but I came right in the end.
I wish I had a 1 in 3 in the last few years, have had none, zip since 2018 and maybe even before despite 10+ LHR Middle East roundtrips a year

Your experience with QR is extremely worrying I was very much planning to move over now that I can get in straight at Platinum again thanks to Accor

Ugh

Flight two weeks ago with EY was utter rubbish and we are always asked were you given recognition for your status, nope none whatsoever yet again...
Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Palal
Go on linkedin, find the top brass' emails and email them directly.
My strategy too. Have had a lot of bad experiences lately. Unfortunately, service with Etihad has become so bad the only answer is to escalate to the top.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

As expected ANOTHER lie. The PROMISED response within 28 days for my case has not occurred.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.