Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choose well!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Choose well!

I've been looking to book some flights to Australia, and one of the options I'm considering is Etihad. In researching possible itineraries, however, I was struck by their tagline, which seems to be CHOOSE WELL! at present. Does this strike anyone as being more than a little threatening? It's as if they're telling us to choose wisely, or else ... they'll slap us with a change penalty and fare difference, or, worse yet, we'll end up with a non-changeable non-refundable ticket, and woe betide should anything go awry.

Behind one of these doors is a pleasant flight to Sydney. Behind all the others, certain death. Choose well!

(Or maybe I've just read too many choose-your-own-adventure books.)
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
Just some quite clever marketing ?

EK is 'Fly Better' - well those old A380s and awful 777s are not what I call 'Flying Better' if you are stuck in Economy in the middle rows...
kelix likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
With recent form they should be careful haha
Choose well, oh yes right I'll fly Qatar, Turkish or Emirates then !
thibaultFR likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
With recent form they should be careful haha!
Could you expand a little on recent form? I know Etihad went seriously downhill some five years ago, but have they recovered any? Reading other threads, the 777's they send to Australia seem to be universally execrated, but I have read some recent reviews saying that their soft product wasn't too shabby, and indeed even the 787 hard product.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:34 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The motto has to do with with Covid and wellness, i.e. their safety precautions they took with vaccinating all their staff before any other airline and the measures they took on the ground and in the air.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The motto has to do with with Covid and wellness, i.e. their safety precautions they took with vaccinating all their staff before any other airline and the measures they took on the ground and in the air.
'Choose Well' was announced in 2018, so well before COVID.

https://www.etihadhub.com/en-ae/news/choose-well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.