Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AUH Duty Free Champagne

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
AUH Duty Free Champagne

Has anything been through AUH recently that can comment on the Champagne selection? Connecting via AUH to Seychelles and was trying to determine if I need to bring some bottles with me or not.

DXB seems to have a decent selection listed online, is AUH similar?

Bonus points if anyone can comment on wine / champagne on arrival in SEY.

Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Not sure where you're flying from but I've been buying Champagne Ex London as usually better prices better quality and more choice especially if you have the DuFry Red app which gives a discount, I now have Platinum status which I believe gives up to a further 11% off purchases and for reasons unknown Heathrow is the cheapest place in the world to buy LaMer creams plus you ALSO get the Red by Dufry discount

Hope that helps
Keter likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Thanks - flying from Toronto so typically not better or cheaper. The selection in DXB seemed decent so I was hoping AUH would be similar but they don't have a nice website.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:23 pm

Hopefully they've improved as the larger of the two duty free shops was closed for quite a while, am flying Sunday so will take a look
mjrobson likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:23 pm

LPR is 399 and white is 239, both a ripoff sadly
Keter likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by mjrobson
Has anything been through AUH recently that can comment on the Champagne selection? Connecting via AUH to Seychelles and was trying to determine if I need to bring some bottles with me or not.

DXB seems to have a decent selection listed online, is AUH similar?

Bonus points if anyone can comment on wine / champagne on arrival in SEY.

Thanks!
I wouldn't leave it to arrival in SEZ.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
LPR is 399 and white is 239, both a ripoff sadly
But have you seen the champagne / wine prices at resorts in they Seychelles? Oh man.

Thanks for taking a look.

Originally Posted by Speedbird676
I wouldn't leave it to arrival in SEZ.
I wasn't planning on it. I was going to bring the duty free amount and then hopefully grab a few more things in SEZ if there is anything worth getting.

The 2L limit is annoying, doesn't quite make 3 bottles per person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.