Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Payment Card Verification email

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Only time it has ever come up for me is booking in a person's family name different than the cardholder which is fair enough and if I've understood correctly is the case this time as is a work booking
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: EY Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
You would not be asked if using Paypal or if bought through a travel agent, as Etihad receives payment from them.
Ah! However, thier T&Cs do say they may ask for proof of payment and have done so for some considerable time. I don't believe the is issue is if they recieve the payment direct or not - its fraud prevention issue, I take it that is the reason? Also,don't they recieve the payment direct if they are paid by credit or debit card too?

Personally its not a major issue, just something to hold in the back of ones mind rather than stress over.

Zac.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by ZacZolar
Ah! However, thier T&Cs do say they may ask for proof of payment and have done so for some considerable time. I don't believe the is issue is if they recieve the payment direct or not - its fraud prevention issue, I take it that is the reason? Also,don't they recieve the payment direct if they are paid by credit or debit card too?
Fraud prevention is indeed the main reason and why the verification requests are not 100% but targeted at where they believe the risks lie. When you pay to Expedia for example, the airline will not even know your credit card number (there are exceptions but in general it's like this) so can't ask for it to be produced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.