Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Still safe to transfer to Etihad Guest Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member

Hello,

Im thinking of transferring my cc points to Etihad to book an award on AA. Whats your outlook on Etihad right now? Will it survive the pandemic? Ive just read news the past few years of how of Etihad keeps losing money, I think even before the pandemic.

Dont mean to offend anyone, just want to make sure my Etihad guest miles will be safe for at least until the end of the year.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:39 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
I don't think EY will disappear. But I could see a points revaluation on the cards, if there is a large unspent liability (which there must be, given that nobody has really flown in the last 18 months). However don't see that happening before the end of the year.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:37 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I concur, would definitely only move miles off a cc if using them immediately
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: EY Gold
Originally Posted by csdf
I don't think EY will disappear. But I could see a points revaluation on the cards, if there is a large unspent liability (which there must be, given that nobody has really flown in the last 18 months). However don't see that happening before the end of the year.
Just to confirm that, I have been sitting on a shed load of miles (most naturally aquired) for the thick end of two years and literally just spent them in the last couple of weeks on flights and hotels and much to my surprise gave pretty good value. That said, I agree with the posts up thread I personally would not buy or transfer into Guest Miles until one is ready to book. However, as it stands they are returning decent value. If that remains the case when they get flying closer to 'normal' capacity remains to be seen.

I have no reason to doubt that EY will be a round for the forseeable future to answer the original question, but they may operate very differently going forward.

Zac.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.