Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airways flight was cancelled and rebooked - refund ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Airways flight was cancelled and rebooked - refund ?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 7:53 pm

Hi, my tix was for June 19th. FRA-AUH-CGK & return BKK-AUH-FRA. I got an email from them about 10 days ago saying that the AUH-CGK cancelled. I called a few days after the email received. They recommended me to wait up at least a week before making decision. I did. Today, I called them back, they had an alternative routes OR date to choose. I could either depart FRA 2 days earlier, or be routed FRA-AUH-SIN-CGK on the outbound. I told them it was not going to work for me. She just asked me if I wanted to just refund it as it is fully refundable now (when I bought it they were not). So that was exactly what I chose. To get refunded. Said, it'll take 7-21 days for the credit to appear on my cc. Now I'll just lose €50 on the non-refundable hotel that I booked at AUH.
Old May 16, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by SeaMeFly
Hi, my tix was for June 19th. FRA-AUH-CGK & return BKK-AUH-FRA. I got an email from them about 10 days ago saying that the AUH-CGK cancelled. I called a few days after the email received. They recommended me to wait up at least a week before making decision. I did. Today, I called them back, they had an alternative routes OR date to choose. I could either depart FRA 2 days earlier, or be routed FRA-AUH-SIN-CGK on the outbound. I told them it was not going to work for me. She just asked me if I wanted to just refund it as it is fully refundable now (when I bought it they were not). So that was exactly what I chose. To get refunded. Said, it'll take 7-21 days for the credit to appear on my cc. Now I'll just lose €50 on the non-refundable hotel that I booked at AUH.
Fast refund, in 3 days my money is back into my cc acct.
Old May 16, 2020, 9:51 am

Had ARN-ICN in J booked in March through an OTA, it was cancelled, called Etihad they said full refund no problem, agent made a note on the booking, just call the OTA to complete the refund, which I did.

8-10 weeks to process refund.

8-10 weeks later...Oh now Etihad are declining the refund and want to keep my money.

Even if I eventually get it back through lawyers or CC chard back, they just lost a platinum member.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 11:32 pm

Angry SHAME ON YOU, Etihad Airways!!

I had 2 redemption tickets using Etihad Guest miles cancelled on 15 April 2020. The refund date has been extended from 40 days to 45 days to 31 May 2020 and now there is no confirmation date. The last email from Etihad on 31 May 2020 was like this:
"I have requested our Refunds team to review the details of the transaction and to make sure the refund is
processed as quickly as possible. I will inform you as soon as I receive confirmation that the refund process is
complete.
In the meantime, I would appreciate your patience."

Before that in Mid May 2020 was like this:
"Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear you have not received the refund yet.
I have checked the details of your reservation and I was able to confirm that the refund application was submitted
on 15 April 2020. Due to the high number of requests, refund processes may require 30 to 45 working days to be
completed.
Please allow us until 31 may 2020 in order to process your request. Should you not receive the amount by this
date, do not hesitate to contact me."

I sent them an email for a final confirmation date on 6 June 2020 and there was no reply yet. I have decided to file a refund dispute with my credit card since I have the 2 refund emails and emails correspondence, at least I can get back my taxes with the temporary credit by the credit card if they take up the case. Miles may be forfeited.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 2:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by vsepr
I had 2 redemption tickets using Etihad Guest miles cancelled on 15 April 2020. The refund date has been extended from 40 days to 45 days to 31 May 2020 and now there is no confirmation date. The last email from Etihad on 31 May 2020 was like this:
"I have requested our Refunds team to review the details of the transaction and to make sure the refund is
processed as quickly as possible. I will inform you as soon as I receive confirmation that the refund process is
complete.
In the meantime, I would appreciate your patience."

Before that in Mid May 2020 was like this:
"Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear you have not received the refund yet.
I have checked the details of your reservation and I was able to confirm that the refund application was submitted
on 15 April 2020. Due to the high number of requests, refund processes may require 30 to 45 working days to be
completed.
Please allow us until 31 may 2020 in order to process your request. Should you not receive the amount by this
date, do not hesitate to contact me."

I sent them an email for a final confirmation date on 6 June 2020 and there was no reply yet. I have decided to file a refund dispute with my credit card since I have the 2 refund emails and emails correspondence, at least I can get back my taxes with the temporary credit by the credit card if they take up the case. Miles may be forfeited.
CS has always been bad at EY. I guess they can use the pandemic as an excuse at the moment. When I need something and am getting nowhere from EY, I post comments on their FB or IG pages. That always gets their attention and they action my request sharpish.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
CS has always been bad at EY. I guess they can use the pandemic as an excuse at the moment. When I need something and am getting nowhere from EY, I post comments on their FB or IG pages. That always gets their attention and they action my request sharpish.
Yes! You are right! I sent them a message in Facebook on 10 June 2020 and another reminder email on 11 June 2020. I got my miles back on 11 June 2020 and the taxes in my credit card today 14 June 2020!! It has been a long wait. Cancelled on 15 April 2020, received both items on 14 June 2020, 2 months.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

I booked a couple of ETIHAD tickets, through an OTA, for my daughter and a friend to fly to Bali mid August.

ETIHAD cancelled the tickets at the beginning of August.

Anybody knows how long is taking ETIHAD to refund the OTA? Shall I try better a chargeback through Amex?

Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2020, 12:50 am

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
Why a charge-back directly?
I would liaise with the OTA first and see how things are.
EY seems to be faster now with refunds and if you tick all the requirements, I am sure the money will be coming in a matter of days.
Then your OTA may charges fees on top of that, but you need to check with them.

Chargeback is only the latest recourse if you could not retrieve your money in a timely manner.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by thibaultFR
Why a charge-back directly?
I would liaise with the OTA first and see how things are.
EY seems to be faster now with refunds and if you tick all the requirements, I am sure the money will be coming in a matter of days.
Then your OTA may charges fees on top of that, but you need to check with them.

Chargeback is only the latest recourse if you could not retrieve your money in a timely manner.
Thanks thibaultFR,

I only asked here if a chargeback was recomendable.

EY requirements - they cancelled the flights, what else do I need?

It is not possible to contact the OTA by phone and they don’t reply the mails. I will wait 4 weeks more and if I still have not received any reply I will try the chargeback.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC
We had our MAN-AUH for November 23rd cancelled last week and we were automatically moved onto the later flight (4 hours 10 minutes later I think). I called the contact centre (eventually getting through after a total of about 3 hours on hold) and the refund was processed no problem. The agent stated it may take up to 45 days for it to be processed but the funds were back on my AMEX less than three days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.