Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EY cdg to AUH airspace route

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

EY cdg to AUH airspace route

For the flight EY from cdg to AUH, does it route via Iraq or Iran airspace? I use great circle map to look and it looks like it flies over Iraq?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: EY
On this note, anyone know what the options are if we wish to cancel the return segment of our flight? Seems Etihad is giving a waiver due to Iran tensions but nothing official I believe.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by xobile
On this note, anyone know what the options are if we wish to cancel the return segment of our flight? Seems Etihad is giving a waiver due to Iran tensions but nothing official I believe.
I would have thought that unless they cancel, the options you have will depend on the ticket conditions, nothing more nothing less.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:16 pm

Programs: Qantas
I would be interested in a more general update on whether EY will still be flying over Iraq / Iranian airspace. Particularly given that other airlines (eg Qantas) is diverting its routes..
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hannadanna
I would be interested in a more general update on whether EY will still be flying over Iraq / Iranian airspace. Particularly given that other airlines (eg Qantas) is diverting its routes..
How do we check that? My family is concerned as I am scheduled to fly in March. I don't think the conflict is resolved by then.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by flybie
How do we check that? My family is concerned as I am scheduled to fly in March. I don't think the conflict is resolved by then.
I've just checked flight radar for a few flights (AUH to EIDW) and these go directly over Iranian airspace. My wife is travelling next week...

I would think though that EY would take a sensible point of view in regards to safety of its passengers and employees.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Flightrader 24 and others clearly show that in the last two days most flights are being rerouted away from the area. In fact I just looked and there is only one EY flight in the airspace., Baku to Abu Dhabi.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: EY
I called yesterday and they said the waiver was only applicable for flights until January 10.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
I'm flying out of LHR on Sunday and according to flight tracker , flights from Europe divert over the red sea and then turn left into Saudi airspace
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:28 pm

Looking at EY45 and 42 (AUH - DUB and vice versa) and both fly over Iraqi airspace...

Edit: Checked a few more dates on Flightradar, and seems last night / current flights did go over Iraq. The previous flights took the Saudi route (on 12 Jan) - other dates switch between Iraqi and Saudi airspace routes depending on if its AUH - DUB or DUB - AUH. A bit concerning imho.

Last edited by hannadanna; Jan 12, 2020 at 6:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.