Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bourbon in Apartment Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Bourbon in Apartment Class

The last time I flew Apartment class (3 years ago) they had Chivas Royal Salute (a $200 bottle of Scotch) but the only bourbon was like Jack Daniel (a $25 bottle) but in the AUH F lounge they had a really solid bourbon list. I'm flying apartment class again from AUH-JFK next month, is there any chance they would stock a bottle of bourbon from the lounge onto the plane? If so, how would I make such a request?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LRobs
The last time I flew Apartment class (3 years ago) they had Chivas Royal Salute (a $200 bottle of Scotch) but the only bourbon was like Jack Daniel (a $25 bottle) but in the AUH F lounge they had a really solid bourbon list. I'm flying apartment class again from AUH-JFK next month, is there any chance they would stock a bottle of bourbon from the lounge onto the plane? If so, how would I make such a request?
I would say there is zero chance they will stock a bottle of bourbon from the lounge. What gets catered onto the plane is what they have told the caterers to cater onto the plane.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:29 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Fly The Residence...
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by LRobs
BYOB
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
BYOB
Indeed.

I suspect most people can survive half a day without their favorite bourbon and still not show any signs of delirium tremens, but otherwise bringing your own is the obvious solution. Brown paper bag is optional.

Johan
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Indeed.

I suspect most people can survive half a day without their favorite bourbon and still not show any signs of delirium tremens, but otherwise bringing your own is the obvious solution. Brown paper bag is optional.

Johan
Take a nice hip flask. I am sure the nice staff in the lounge will put some in for you. If not, get a large glass of your favourite tipple in the lounge and pour it in yourself. Failing that, buy a bottle in Duty free. Lots of options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.