Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Do Infants get an additional baggage allowance in Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY

Flying from US/Canada. Website says:

>>Baggage for infants

>>To/from USA and Canada: 1 bag (up to 23kg)
>>To/from all other destinations: up to 10kg>>Guests travelling with infants or children up to 11 years old are permitted to check in one stroller, pushchair, carrycot or approved car seat per infant/child as checked baggage. This is free of charge in addition to the ticketed checked baggage allowance.

There does not seem to be any additional allowance in business class. I spoke to the call center, the agent asked their manager, who said it would be 32kg in business, not 23kg. Etihad WhatsApp and Twitter, however, stated that it would be 23kg. I would like to take a 32kg bag for my infant if possible (all adult passengers and the free stroller allowance will already be accounted for). Anyone have any experience with the actual allowance for infants in business class? Infant is not a Etihad Silver/Gold/Platinum member, I don't think they even allow memberships for anyone under the age of two.

Thanks.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:37 pm

I have no experience on US routes, but on other Etihad Routes, to Middle East, Asia and Oz, We have always received only the 10kg additional for an infant who is on our lap and not anything above this regardless of class. When we flew Economy we got 10kg, When we flew Business we got 10kg and when we flew First we got 10kg.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Thank you. That likely will be the case for us too (one single allowance regardless of fare class). I wish the website was clearer regarding this.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE: We were able to take a 32kg bag. I don't know if this is the actual policy though, or the weight itself was just overlooked. The desk agent never brought it up, and we didn't say anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.