Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AUH Midfield Terminal Opening

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Must be using British companies the First class lounge In the existing terminal was also heavily delayed
Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
Must be using British companies the First class lounge In the existing terminal was also heavily delayed
I thought that was delayed because the powers that be (can't remember whether Hogan or someone else) came to inspect the nearly finished lounge, and basically said "Start again"?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JamesKidd
I don't think it's insanity. There is simply no demand for it. And in ME it's all about saving face, so they will never admit it. They are probably looking for another spin to delay it further.
Not necessarily the most reliable source, but, the creaking open of the chequebook and improvement of services etc for Platinums and others along with the hope of a move to profit in 2020 and the Expo as well MAY just MAY have lead to things being slightly postponed despite being totally ready to go

Open with a fanfare of a healthy airline with a future rather than the one who last week at least was in the stall turn of the turnaround, but definitely improving in the last few month which is really gratifying to see

OH The Nail bar facial etc spa soon to reopen in F Lounge !!! next few weeks
Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
despite being totally ready to go
Nope. The terminal is some way away from being ready.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Platinum
24th of November they awarded a company to start building a lounge.

https://www.thenational.ae/business/...minal-1.941783
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Had to check this was not a joke or an old article
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gabby2
24th of November they awarded a company to start building a lounge.

https://www.thenational.ae/business/...minal-1.941783

Isn't that a generic lounge ?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by stargold
I thought that was delayed because the powers that be (can't remember whether Hogan or someone else) came to inspect the nearly finished lounge, and basically said "Start again"?
The F lounge was delayed due to structural issues underneath its location in Terminal 3.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:41 am

Talking

Originally Posted by kelix
yup, ive heard minor subsidence issues
"Minor"
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by kelix
yup, ive heard minor subsidence issues.
LOL. That was talked about (quietly) among expats while I lived there back in 2015. Something about picking the cheaper contractor...
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
When I flew in last month, there were lots of happy new year/welcome to 2020 posters around the airport with photos of the new Midfield Terminal. I took that as a hint that it’s opening in 2020. There has been a massive rush in recent weeks to open the new roads around it (with at least 3 new motorway exits and links having opened in the immediate vicinity since December) so I personally think a soft opening is imminent.

The 2 new budget airline launches are expected to fill the overcapacity in the new gates.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:02 pm

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by SinkOrSwim
When I flew in last month, there were lots of happy new year/welcome to 2020 posters around the airport with photos of the new Midfield Terminal. I took that as a hint that it’s opening in 2020. There has been a massive rush in recent weeks to open the new roads around it (with at least 3 new motorway exits and links having opened in the immediate vicinity since December) so I personally think a soft opening is imminent.

The 2 new budget airline launches are expected to fill the overcapacity in the new gates.
Flying through AUH at beginning of May and then again in October... I wonder what are the chances it will be open for either trip (ideally May, of course!).
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by hannadanna
Flying through AUH at beginning of May and then again in October... I wonder what are the chances it will be open for either trip (ideally May, of course!).
Zero.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Some news on the MFT - training of 17,000 staff to start, if true maybe looking good for 2020 opening...
https://gulfnews.com/business/aviati...nal-1.69596508
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:53 pm

Some information coming from a few guys who were just in there and it seems that there are some serious issues with construction. Flooding etc.. they didnt sound like they believed it would open anytime soon.

Last edited by mike84k; Feb 9, 2020 at 2:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.