Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

EY Charging for most Y seat allocations from 15th July!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EY Charging for most Y seat allocations from 15th July!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dubh
Are you the reincarnation of that kid with the doctor dad that was on here a few months back?

meanwhile......back in reality.....
g-d bless you
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by NoY
@:-)
"While revolutionaries as individuals can be murdered, you cannot kill ideas" - Thomas Sankara
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by Dubh
Are you the reincarnation of that kid with the doctor dad that was on here a few months back?

meanwhile......back in reality.....
At least someone is livening up this otherwise depressive EY sub forum

Already since long, other than cost and benefit cutting, restructure and devaluation EY is not offering anything exciting to discuss about
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
Making a booking on EY right now, Y Classic on the outbound and Y Saver on the return. I was going to wait but wanted to select my seats since the return is pretty far out so I'll have my pick of seats right now, but it seems that people are already being charged to select seats as I cannot. The website has also been updated to show that you can select seats "for a fee" for deal, saver, and classic.

I am going to book and try to call to see if I can get them selected free of charge
JayCee1966 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
More bloody madness to p!$$ off the few frequent passengers they have! Fingers crossed they will implement something for Gold/Platinum.

I think the people making these decisions are completely unaware that these “enhancements” just push people further and further away.

5 star airline? What a joke.
NoY likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
5 star airline? What a joke.
*Etihad Advertisement*
Etihad Airways now transports you from Abu Dhabi to the world because we didn't do that before.
In the Economy Class passengers may be entitled to (Depending on fare class) a generous handbaggage allowance permitting passengers to bring their own medication, and in the case that you are a breaking deal guest you shall enjoy the hospitality of the local hospital
*Etihad Advertisement*
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Originally Posted by ss1710

I am going to book and try to call to see if I can get them selected free of charge
Please let us know how you get on Hopefully the call centre booking charge for Gold/Plat is still waived...
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by ss1710
Making a booking on EY right now, Y Classic on the outbound and Y Saver on the return. I was going to wait but wanted to select my seats since the return is pretty far out so I'll have my pick of seats right now, but it seems that people are already being charged to select seats as I cannot. The website has also been updated to show that you can select seats "for a fee" for deal, saver, and classic.

What is more difficult to digest is that even Y Classic fare that is normally charged 40-50% higher than Saver, but still require to pay for seat selection, even worse than main competitors that normally waive such costs for semi-flexi fares, let's say EK for instance.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:18 am

For me as a PLAT, who earned it in the back of the plane, EY was always my favourite airline. Nowadays, and with plenty of segments on QR as well as CX, i must say that the grass CAN be a greener on the other side. The last thing they have going for me is the occasional op-up (at least on sectors to and from India), something that despite status i have yet to experience with other carriers. But is that enough, i wonder?

it really is sad to see how EY deteriorates. and the no-waiver for elites policy for any kind of seat res (heck, it even annoyed me before, that as a plat i couldn't get FOC emergency exit seats) really feels like penny-wise, pound-foolish.

I think the main problem is, we are an ungrateful bunch of spoiled kids that scream like mad, when some of our free toys are taken away.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by yapak2
For me as a PLAT, who earned it in the back of the plane, EY was always my favourite airline. Nowadays, and with plenty of segments on QR as well as CX, i must say that the grass CAN be a greener on the other side. The last thing they have going for me is the occasional op-up (at least on sectors to and from India), something that despite status i have yet to experience with other carriers. But is that enough, i wonder?

it really is sad to see how EY deteriorates. and the no-waiver for elites policy for any kind of seat res (heck, it even annoyed me before, that as a plat i couldn't get FOC emergency exit seats) really feels like penny-wise, pound-foolish.

I think the main problem is, we are an ungrateful bunch of spoiled kids that scream like mad, when some of our free toys are taken away.
A plat? In the back of the plane?, congratulations you have been schrewd.
Respect to you man, you are more loyal than most of us!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I too earn it mainly in Y and almost 98% on my own dime. It’s frustrating because they have no idea on the knock on implications. Paying 700-800€ per week but then trying to stuff you over to pick a seat. It will drive more and more frequent passengers away. The ones they should be working to keep. Picking a seat for free as a plat isn’t about being spoiled. Compared to almost all other airlines I can think of, none are that tight. They need to stop pretending to innovate and enhance with BS initiatives like this. No doubt concocted by a local business genius with a newly purchased MBA.
Sadly this is a general theme with Abu Dhabi as a whole. The feeling that you are screwed at every single opportunity.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:39 pm

I too earn it mainly in Y and almost 98% on my own dime. It’s frustrating because they have no idea on the knock on implications. Paying 700-800€ per week but then trying to stuff you over to pick a seat. It will drive more and more frequent passengers away. The ones they should be working to keep. Picking a seat for free as a plat isn’t about being spoiled. Compared to almost all other airlines I can think of, none are that tight. They need to stop pretending to innovate and enhance with BS initiatives like this. No doubt concocted by a local business genius with a newly purchased MBA.
Sadly this is a general theme with Abu Dhabi as a whole. The feeling that you are screwed at every single opportunity.
talk to the people who booked the Yas viceroy and instead found themselves in an inferior Marriott.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:45 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by yapak2

“free toys”etc.....what rubbish. EY are removing previously published/earned/paid for benefits at an alarmingly regular rate. This will not resolve their problems. They are losing business as a result. I am pleased to say. Am looking forward to my CX flights next month
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
“free toys”etc.....what rubbish. EY are removing previously published/earned/paid for benefits at an alarmingly regular rate. This will not resolve their problems. They are losing business as a result. I am pleased to say. Am looking forward to my CX flights next month
In J, EY is still better than CX NoY
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Your 2nd line is absolutely true
No matter what the industry, a powerpoint presentation and an Excel sheet showing the "increase in profit" is all it needs to approve an increase in price/cost...

This applies to schools, commercial property, restaurants, and so on. Now this may make sense sense when times are good. When they are not, you turn away more of your customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.