Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Manchester Call Centre to close?

More cost cutting (possibly)

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-cuts-14442396
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Bad news if it goes ahead. The MAN team seem to be one of the few who know what they are talking about...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:17 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
EY are looking to outsource/consolidate all call centre operations.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Sorry to hear as they were my preferred call center.
It did seem that the agent I talked with a few days ago was not happy for some reason.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Probably another cut back , i better get on the phone and book another flight or 3 . It's going to be a nightmare dealing with the incompitant staff in Abu Dhabi . I've been so tempted to take my custom elsewhere , but after hearing comments from colleagues about BA ,TG ,LH, BR, and EK ,I thought I'd give it one more year , it surely can't get any worse , can it
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Gold
Very sad news if it closes. I have only called them a couple of times but they have been very helpful with no language barriers. My experience of using non-native English speaking call centres is that is takes at least 2 to 3 times longer to resolve an issue as well as left feeling frustrated. If calls take longer, it will not save the amount of money that Etihad is hoping.

Mike
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I don't know why everyone raves about this call centre. I've had much better experiences with Al Ain.
Furthermore, I'd say to a Londoner who speaks RP, the English spoken in Al Ain is more intelligible than a Northern Accent.
RisottoKimodo likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by akalra1187
I don't know why everyone raves about this call centre. I've had much better experiences with Al Ain.
Furthermore, I'd say to a Londoner who speaks RP, the English spoken in Al Ain is more intelligible than a Northern Accent.
I have to somewhat agree with what you say akalra.
On many an occasion when calling the outstation callcenters little help is offered and you are sent to their Al-Ain or AUH call center.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: SQ PPS
Johannesburg ticket office has also been closed.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: UA, QF, VA
Does anyone know if this call centre ended up closing? The latest info I could find is that it was "under review", but that was over a year ago.

Pretty much all of my calls to Etihad lately have been answered by the Belgrade call centre, which thankfully isn't too bad.
mr_botak likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I needed to book an AA partner award with EY miles (ATL-SCL one-way using 20K points just transferred over from Membership Rewards). First guy I got was a real clunker, just did the quickest of searches and said nothing available for 3 weeks. So I waited about 12 hours to call in the wee hours (morning in Europe) hoping to get a good agent. Thankfully I did, and even though I got put on hold a few times and she had to call me back, I could tell she was trying. I'd gotten someone like that before and it was key to booking trips that used EY miles I had before they expired. Back then I had gold status, though...now I'm just a regular member but she still did an outstanding job (I even stayed on for the survey, which I almost never do)

I didn't get my first-choice date, but I did get to avoid most of the close-in booking fee that AA would charge. EY also has better cancel/refund terms on AA tickets than AA does. It was the first time I'd used a membership rewards transfer to fund the account, and that went better than expected. Makes me wish I hadn't used as many of the MR points for Amazon buys, as some of the EY off-peak awards on AA are a really good deal if you can get them to book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.