Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

First timer's questions about free stopover not discussed elsewhere

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

I've read through the T's&C's of the offer and still left with several questions. Before I call in and hope that I get informed agent who can provide accurate guidance, i thought I would ask the community here. As the program continues to get extended, it appears that the T's&C's have changed from one offer to the next, adding more confusion.

I am looking at booking a one-way revenue first class ticket, from TPE-AUH, then AUH-CDG next May.

There is a condition that ticket must be purchased online, but it does not specifically state on the Ethiad website (vs. third-party). The Ethiad website does not show the connector flight I want to get from TPE to ICN, whereas Orbitz does. But I'm not sure if booking from Orbitz would disqualify me for the promotion?

I thought I read somewhere that the "online only" condition was applicable only to the ecnonomy stopover promotion and not the premium - so, curious if anyone has ever made a first class booking by phone and gotten the premium promotion?

The current terms state that a one-way ticket is valid for the promotion (as are even award tickets, oddly enough). However, the link to the premium stopover page takes you to a list of terms and conditions from 2017, which state tickets must be round-trip. I am assuming/hoping that the current condition allowing one-way travel is also valid for the premium redemption, and not just the economy promotion?

The list of premium hotels available is again from 2017 - it is unclear to me what premium hotels are actually available now. Maybe the list has not changed?

any info or advice appreciated. I would hate to book a 2-night stopover and then find out I'm ineligible. Although, on the plus-side, it appears the first class ticket is fully refundable/changeable (except in the case of no-show) even with the China Airlines Business Class (C fare) TPE-ICN sector. That is, if I'm reading the fare rules correctly. So, perhaps worst case i just cancel if things do not work out.

Thank you-
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:54 pm

Recently I asked by email if one way flights are eligible for the stopover program. Answer: They are. See screenshot attached!

Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrgreen
Recently I asked by email if one way flights are eligible for the stopover program. Answer: They are. See screenshot attached!

Thank you for that piece of information and contact!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.