Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shave Facility-GONE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Any mention of the Shave & Style has disappeared from the Lounge page on their website so not just shaves and haircuts but nails and hair for the ladies too!! Shocking! That used to be a treat to myself, now I'll have to hope the6 Senses Spa is still there in 2 weeks....

The only plus to the FC lounge is the peace and quiet - which should be deafening as no one will be there - they'll be in the Premium Lounge getting fed!!

No upbeat email either about choice, flexibility and improvements we asked for?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
I guess I'm confused. What is the difference between the 6 senses spa and the haircut/shave spa? I thought they were the same thing.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
I guess I'm confused. What is the difference between the 6 senses spa and the haircut/shave spa? I thought they were the same thing.
The haircut and shave spa was exactly that. You could have your shirt pressed and shoes shined whilst having a shower (don’t know if they’ve gone too), then have a haircut, shave etc. The ladies could also have manicures etc... they even allowed you to pay with points, which maybe was the writing on the wall?

The 6 senses spa it/was a conventional type massage facility. I don’t know how much longer that will be around, for J at least, or the fitness area for that matter in F?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Fitness area is a sunk cost and what would they fill the space with?
Recondite likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Fitness area is a sunk cost and what would they fill the space with?
Was going to say the same - getting rid of the fitness area wouldn't save money.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Flog the equipment and close it so you don’t need to pay anyone to clean it? Becomes a storage area for cases and cases of Lidl champagne?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:36 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I for one used the gym on connections between SYD and CAI (Up to 5 hours) as cardio helps overcome jet lag, plus the shower in the gym is never used by anyone else.

And I always used the shave facility on my return home, even paying for it recently. What a terrible reduction in service.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
How disappointing. Was hoping to use it today for the first time.

On an unrelated note, am I correct in thinking that the food selection is action better in the Premium lounge than in the First Class lounge?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, Skywards, Qantas
OMG the horror!!! I can't get a free shave on Etihad and I'm going to BA!!!!

Really???

Enjoy BA. They'll shave you in ways you can't even imagine.

In places where you never knew you had hair.

I really cannot believe some of the first world whiners on here.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by cairns
OMG the horror!!! I can't get a free shave on Etihad and I'm going to BA!!!!

Really???

Enjoy BA. They'll shave you in ways you can't even imagine.

I think the main complaint is that Etihad are continually making more and more cuts; not that Etihad is worse than BA (it isn't) - more of the fear of where it is going to end up.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
omg the horror!!! I can't get a free shave on etihad and i'm going to ba!!!!

Really???

Enjoy ba. They'll shave you in ways you can't even imagine.

😂😂😂😂
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:55 am

Your "first world whiners" jibe is getting old, it's about all you've contributed on Flyer Talk in your 24 posts

Please try to understand what is being discussed before coming in with your pompous comments
Travelix likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Skywards, Qantas
Your "first world whiners" jibe is getting old, it's about all you've contributed on Flyer Talk in your 24 posts
And about all you've contributed in 725 posts is whining......someone threatening to go to a notoriously poor airline like BA because they can't get a free shave is beyond ridiculous. If you want to support that kind of idiocy go for it. I won't.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:48 pm

And about all you've contributed in 725 posts is whining......someone threatening to go to a notoriously poor airline like BA because they can't get a free shave is beyond ridiculous. If you want to support that kind of idiocy go for it. I won't.
Equally it isn't 'first world whining' in the same way much of the very many other examples of your calling as such aren't either.
Also whilst I complain on that which I do, I equally proffer compliment in similar measure as well as give help and suggestion to many other users and the Santa group. So to suggest mine are mostly negative is to have not looked at them but solely at the number by my name

You don't work for Fox News do you ?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:02 pm

I'm gutted that it has gone, the manicurists (paid service) were really very good and always a good chat. Plus I thoroughly recommend tipping the bar staff if you fly often. They come find me with fresh drinks and top ups wherever I am in the lounge (no not the toilet for those hurrying to type that) as very very few people ever tip and on sight my old fashioned is being prepared on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.