Shave Facility-GONE

Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Shave Facility-GONE

there really is no end to the cuts.

This airline is quickly heading to the bottom of the pile. Anyone who moans about BA needs to take a good long look at what they are complaining about.

NB - facilities gone from J too. Spa must be next.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by flying_fozzy

This airline is quickly heading to the bottom of the pile. Anyone who moans about BA needs to take a good long look at what they are complaining about.

NB - facilities gone from J too. Spa must be next.
Is the free shave for F gone, or has the barber shop closed altogether?
And what does "facilities gone from J" mean? Which ones? In the Premium lounge or in the cabin?
ss1710 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Yes, not too clear. Is it no longer free or has the facility closed?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Facility is closed in both F & J.

Was literally done as one shift ended, they had no idea there was nobody coming in to replace them.

There is now no shave/barber facility in AUH.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
In order to facilitate our guests warmth index we have enhanced our shaving facilities to allow the growth of warming beards

We feel that our customers would find this enhancement greatly to their satisfaction and was the undoubted outcome of our completely fair and transparent survey
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
BA is actually improving minimally.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
It's sad, very sad, that they are making the F lounge in their home base less appealing. Cut after cut after cut. We all know what they are, so no need to repeat them. I am on a one-way ticket back home to the UK in July. I will be flying Lufthansa from then on. EY should take a look at the Lufthansa F experience. EY should not cut the F and J package assuming they want to retain their premium passengers that is. Premium passengers like myself will simply switch to other carriers. My loyalty has gone.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
So that's a cut that technically isn't a CUT!!

On a serious note though, .... How can they get away with these penny pinching "economies" and still call themselves First Class, and don't get me started on the 5 Star Airline BS.

When I reached Platinum last summer I thought I had made it, gravy train all the way... but that sheen has worn off rather quickly... every month a new "benefit" or flexibility that gives customers more choice!

Sadly as I am based in Abu Dhabi, Etihad still offers the best flight options - direct flight at a higher price to competitors still a major factor in choosing who to fly with - the "loyalty" scheme is just the cherry on top, albeit a rather cheap, tired looking & unpalatable cherry.

Facility is closed in both F & J.

Was literally done as one shift ended, they had no idea there was nobody coming in to replace them.

There is now no shave/barber facility in AUH.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Groan. What a terrible [not to say inaccurate] pun!!!

(Wocka wocka!! )
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:19 am

Some might say that this was an end to the cuts.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Indeed, and I'll be making the jump over to BA at the start of next year. Three reasons;
  • Continued Etihad cuts
  • OneWorld access - Etihad's partner scheme is as good as dead
  • EU/UK law destroying the Etihad MBNA Amex and CC - earning rate and benefits of a BA Amex outweigh Etihad

I probably wouldn't go with BA if it wasn't for the second point - if Qatar left OW it would be a different story, but for now - super attractive, particularly as predicting Etihad's "enhancements" is becoming more and more erratic.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Recondite
Indeed, and I'll be making the jump over to BA at the start of next year. Three reasons;
  • Continued Etihad cuts
  • OneWorld access - Etihad's partner scheme is as good as dead
  • EU/UK law destroying the Etihad MBNA Amex and CC - earning rate and benefits of a BA Amex outweigh Etihad

I probably wouldn't go with BA if it wasn't for the second point - if Qatar left OW it would be a different story, but for now - super attractive, particularly as predicting Etihad's "enhancements" is becoming more and more erratic.
Living in AUH - I would only consider QR for my Euro/US trips through MCT. My dozens of MAA flights however are not worth the detour. Sad, because UL/QR combo used to be my go to.

Last edited by DatBoi; Feb 2, 2018 at 6:08 am
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:39 am

Living in AUH - I would only consider QR for my Euro/US trips through MCT. My dozens of MAA flights however are not worth the detour. Sad, because UL/QR combo used to go to.
Yeah, you're unfortunate in that regard. I'd reconsider in a few years, but will be based in the UK for a couple of years, so no point punishing myself until then - can always realign again.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
LAME! I miss this by a week. Now is it even worth going to the F Lounge? A lot of people had said you only go there for the Spa. You go to the premium lounge for the food. Suggestions?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Hang on....are they putting barbers in their lounges?
LostAntipod likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.