Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy coming soon?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
EXACTLY...
In my culture the middle age generation funds the younger generation and looks after the older one, and when I grow older I do the same.
I'm so glad that your culture is the only culture Gulf airlines should consider for their loss making business. That'll make them globally competitive, for sure.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:15 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by Recondite
Not true. A British young professional will earn £30-60k (30-45 first, 45-60 after one promotion), and don't need family member support. It isn't rubbish.
Most people don't have aviation fare knowledge. Routing through ARN is much cheaper than LHR.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:16 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
I'm so glad that your culture is the only culture Gulf airlines should consider for their loss making business. That'll make them globally competitive, for sure.
With all the cuts and divestment EY is probably not going to make a loss again unless we all desert the airline. EK makes a fully audited profit and QR has razor thin margins.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:27 am

With all the cuts and divestment EY is probably not going to make a loss again unless we all desert the airline. EK makes a fully audited profit and QR has razor thin margins.
Razor thin margins are nothing to boast about. Also, you'd rather EY continue to make cuts, rather than explore other options to boost their bottom line? Your choice, but you did make some rather big requests in another thread for the Guest programme... such as chauffeur transfer for elite Y passengers..

Also, the loss Etihad made on some of its failed airline M&As far exceed any profits they've made... but then their accounting methods/government subsidies hide that.

Most people don't have aviation fare knowledge. Routing through ARN is much cheaper than LHR.
I'm from the London... I might extend to Paris for a decent saving - Stockholm is pushing it.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:11 am
Suspended

QR might make razor thin margins but it is promoting qatari tourism in general - contributing to the econony.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:13 am
Suspended

I think if EY drops ALL of it's investments and gets it's act together then they could start reversing these cuts.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by akalra1187
Of course, who would the servants fly with with?
Given your reference to the "gulf lifestyle", I presume Gulf Air?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Routing through ARN from LHR would probably only raise the price.

However, repositioning yourself, and STARTING from ARN would bring down the price.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Given your reference to the "gulf lifestyle", I presume Gulf Air?
He meant Y, not Gulfair
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Ref Recontide , , I can't imagine even a YOUNG PROFESSIONAL earning 60k paying for premium economy .....work out the maths , then diduct living quarters ( London I presume , or surrounding areas , tax , and all the other expenses )...brings in down to about a monkey a week......NOT ENOUGH
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tommy123
Ref Recontide , , I can't imagine even a YOUNG PROFESSIONAL earning 60k paying for premium economy .....work out the maths , then diduct living quarters ( London I presume , or surrounding areas , tax , and all the other expenses )...brings in down to about a monkey a week......NOT ENOUGH
And that same British Young Professional working in the gulf will make double that will allowances and possibly reinbursed corporate travel in J.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:00 am

And that same British Young Professional working in the gulf will make double that will allowances and possibly reinbursed corporate travel in J.
Double in the Gulf? No chance.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:07 am

I think the last 3 years of low oil pricing has put paid to this. Corporate J is something to fondly look back apon for many in the middle ranks.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:22 am
Suspended

Double in the Gulf? No chance.
Personal observation.
My parents are both doctors and earn atleast 5-6 times what the NHS is offering in the UK aswell as reimbused F travel for my dad and J travel for us once a year - in AUH. That's why we moved here actually.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:01 am

Personal observation.
My parents are both doctors and earn atleast 5-6 times what the NHS is offering in the UK aswell as reimbused F travel for my dad and J travel for us once a year - in AUH. That's why we moved here actually.
I wouldn't put your parents into the young professional category. The entire reason I'm still based in the UK is because you really need a couple of promotions if you want to be an expat on a very good salary in that region.

Originally Posted by tommy123
The trick is to not live in London; then it is easily affordable. The price I pay for flights at Christmas isn't far off what Premium Economy costs off-peak, anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.