FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Premium Economy coming soon? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1875415-premium-economy-coming-soon.html)

mike84k Nov 2, 2017 11:29 am

Premium Economy coming soon?

So was going around the business connect page and it shows earning table for different classes. They added one for premium economy flex or classic tickets so not sure if this was a total mixup after copying another airlines chart or if they are planning on adding this
https://www.eapbusinessconnect.com/e...How_Many_Miles

akalra1187 Nov 2, 2017 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mike84k (Post 29009505)
So was going around the business connect page and it shows earning table for different classes. They added one for premium economy flex or classic tickets so not sure if this was a total mixup after copying another airlines chart or if they are planning on adding this
https://www.eapbusinessconnect.com/e...How_Many_Miles

If they are.... for gods sake.

DatBoi Nov 2, 2017 12:45 pm

No they won't, PE is a terrible performer.

ft101 Nov 2, 2017 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by DatBoi (Post 29009893)
No they won't, PE is a terrible performer.

Got any data for that?

Recondite Nov 2, 2017 2:36 pm

Always quite liked the idea of Premium Economy. Appealing to young professionals early in their careers whom can't quite justify business, but a comfortable amount more than needed for economy.

akalra1187 Nov 2, 2017 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Recondite (Post 29010466)
Always quite liked the idea of Premium Economy. Appealing to young professionals early in their careers whom can't quite justify business, but a comfortable amount more than needed for economy.

Please fly BA then, this doesn’t fit in with the Gulf lifestyle.

irishguy28 Nov 2, 2017 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by akalra1187 (Post 29010539)

And Economy Class does?

akalra1187 Nov 2, 2017 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29010842)
And Economy Class does?

Of course, who would the servants fly with with?

Recondite Nov 2, 2017 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by akalra1187 (Post 29010539)

Laughable comment. It would cost in excess of £15,000 to fly all of my personal trips in J across a year - not a feasible amount for most U25. Find a product in the middle - bang.

tommy123 Nov 2, 2017 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Recondite (Post 29010466)

Utter rubbish , a young professional gets sponsored by a family member , ....after all the years of paying .....my kid goes right at the back

DatBoi Nov 2, 2017 7:40 pm

Yes the labour and poor Indians/Pakistanis/Iranians heading to thier respective countries or coming from their countries fly in economy. Plus premium economy had a bad rep in the region for poor yields - TK tried and failed miserably.

DatBoi Nov 2, 2017 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by tommy123 (Post 29011308)
Utter rubbish , a young professional gets sponsored by a family member , ....after all the years of paying .....my kid goes right at the back

EXACTLY...
In my culture the middle age generation funds the younger generation and looks after the older one, and when I grow older I do the same.

Dubh Nov 3, 2017 12:03 am

Wow, the tone of some of your replies just goes to show you've probably been here too long. Personally I think there is potential for a PE product. The pricing difference between economy and J is large enough to drive a truck through. It's probably the main reason why I'm also BA gold as well as EY Platinum. A lot of the time it is not realistic for me to pay twice as much to get to Rome, Milan, Amsterdam, London etc with Etihad.....even when I can select Biz one way and economy coming back, when I can get a sleeper on the way out and WT+ in the way back with BA. I know there is the point to point argument versus transfers etc. And by the way, I'm the MD putting this expense claim and I don't see the justification in paying over the odds for any of my staff either.

MarPages Nov 3, 2017 12:28 am

interesting

[QUOTE=mike84k;29009505]So was going around the business connect page and it shows earning table for different classes. They added one for premium economy flex or classic tickets so not sure if this was a total mixup after copying another airlines chart or if they are planning on adding this

It would be interesting if they did. They might get some business if companies force their business class employees to take PE instead

Recondite Nov 3, 2017 2:05 am

Originally Posted by tommy123 (Post 29011308)

Not true. A British young professional will earn £30-60k (30-45 first, 45-60 after one promotion), and don't need family member support. It isn't rubbish.