Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any requalification offers out there ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Just doing

Just doing AUH CAI AUH JFK turn around and check -in agent said not possible. However , the awesome staff in the First Class lounge came through ... in the end. Initially it was a no but when I explained I had checked in online but not able to print at home or load in App and there are sometimes issues at CAI transit they double checked and “hey presto” boarding card was issued for CAI-AUH leg. I know I’ll get that replaced with a stamped one at transit desk but it’s so much easier to get your point across when you have the original pass to hand...

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Crud, I last did this on the 29th of Sept and will be again next week. Will let you know how I fare (but will print at home first !)

I have had people say this before however and the next time has been fine, fingers crossed as I've no need of any delay !
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Crud, I last did this on the 29th of Sept and will be again next week. Will let you know how I fare (but will print at home first !)

I have had people say this before however and the next time has been fine, fingers crossed as I've no need of any delay !
Dogmatick. How did your turnaround flights go re getting the return boarding pass? Did you fly to MCT or BAH or both? Hope all went well.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The BAH loop is in January, assuming they don't pull the rug out regarding tier miles.

Yes I forgot to mention, so my routing on Thursday was lhr-auh-mct-auh
That last segment mct-auh I asked to be printed at checking in London, the Lounge at London and finally the F lounge at AUH

In all three cases they printed it out for me without question. Though the check in lady at the F desk in London almost didn't print out Auh-mct wondering why I would need it!

I really do think that it depends on the person you ask and if they're jobsworths. I have been told no in the past only to ask someone else and have it done.

Last edited by Dogmatick; Oct 28, 2017 at 2:47 am
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Ok. Good to know. Like you say, it depends on who you ask to print the return flight. I had no luck in AUH at either the F check in or the F lounge, but it was a one minute job at the transit desk in MCT. The line I was being told was "we can't print out boarding passes for flights departing from outstations either on the same ticket or a new ticket". However, you were in luck and proves they can do it if they want.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:36 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Is it worth doing shorthaul (BAH,MCT) mileage runs with EY in Y (due to duration of flight)?
Up until now the only way I have been earning miles is by having my parents sign up for the UAE issued EY CC's and some longhaul J flights.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Is it worth doing shorthaul (BAH,MCT) mileage runs with EY in Y (due to duration of flight)?
Up until now the only way I have been earning miles is by having my parents sign up for the UAE issued EY CC's and some longhaul J flights.
We are running for Tier miles for status, there's really no point running for regular ones.

The short turnaround business flights carry the same number of tier segments as a long haul flight.

i.e. AUH - LAX in J = 2 Tier segments and takes 16+ hours
AUH - MCT in J = 2 Tier segments and takes 42 minutes

When short a couple, guess which one works out the easier to do
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:09 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Try using ITA matrix or Sabre GDS multicity functions to scope out cheaper MCT-BAH mileage runs.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Just checked in F counter at AUH

Printed auh MCT then checked me in for the new pnr ticket for MCT auh lhr and handed me both of those.

I mentioned what the upgrade chance was and she printed out 5C straight there and then without reference anyone

Another poke in the eye for those who say they can't

She hadn't even heard of the fifty percent mileage reduction for platinum guests....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.