Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

This mother's nightmarish tale while flying with Etihad Airways will give you chills

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This mother's nightmarish tale while flying with Etihad Airways will give you chills

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

I had to post this once I saw that OTT headline....pure clickbait!!

Apparently what sick children need is lounge access; but it has to be provided free of charge. If it has to be paid for, it apparently loses its curative value.

But shame on EY for not providing a hotel when they refused to allow the family to travel. But it sounds like that girl should not have been allowed to fly at all.

Originally Posted by Zee News
New Delhi: Mohana Ray's flight with Etihad Airways has all the makings of a modern-day nightmare: alone with two little girls – one of them down with fever, a '30 hour' journey, rude airline staff, forcibly stranded in an airport and no one to help.

<snip>

Ray and her daughters were refused to enter the connecting flight.

The airline personnel's rationale. “ Olita is running fever.”

This, despite procuring the necessary medical clearance to fly again from the Abu Dhabi airport doctor. The airlines, falsely, promised to take care of the mother-daughter with transportation, hotel and medical check-up. But nothing was actually offered, not even a lounge to help the suffering little girl. As Ray slept on the airport floor with her daughter, not a single airline employee batted an eyelid.

<snip>

We finally boarded our flight. Our nightmare did not end. Olita could not eat or drink anything, her head was exploding in pain, she was screaming! All because of rising fever due to tremendous agony, and the stress of long 30+ hours. All our fellow passengers came out to help. They all were shocked to hear our story. I was not sure if we will make the 14 long hours of flight to NYC with Olita.

<snip>

After coming back to USA, Olita improved a lot. She is doing better now and treated by her regular pediatrician here. Her pediatrician told us that she would be ok within couple of days.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I had to post this once I saw that OTT headline....pure clickbait!!

Apparently what sick children need is lounge access; but it has to be provided free of charge. If it has to be paid for, it apparently loses its curative value.

But shame on EY for not providing a hotel when they refused to allow the family to travel. But it sounds like that girl should not have been allowed to fly at all.
It isn't the airlines responsibility to ensure she is fit to fly, she was apparently sick enough for them to care (which isn't "ohh, he's coughing").

Nor is the airline responsible for her choosing to fly alone, not paying for lounge access and not booking a hotel. The last is what travel insurance is for, as the airline isn't at fault.

Notice also what a pleasure she has to have been to work with when several people say they refuse to help her further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.