Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

My Etihad First Class Apartment Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Probably a routine for loads of people on this forum but for me it was the first time and I felt like a kid in the candy store :-p

It's just fun to experience it for peanuts :-D

So if you are interested in a fun experience blog post, click ahead and let me know what you think :-)

Flew LHR-AUH and got the miles using 50.000 signup bonus of nbad etihad credit card in Abu Dhabi and some other miles I collected with cheap EY Business fare CAI-BKK.

Then I kept looking every day to find availability on a guest seat which was around 68.000 miles compared to an insane amount for open seat.
Once there was a guest seat i got it for $380 for some extra miles and taxes.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I just wanna know where only USD $17G is "nearly a year's rent" so I may move there!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I just wanna know where only USD $17G is "nearly a year's rent" so I may move there!
haha, a very small studio (in a nice building and good location) in Dubai is around 17.000 USD at the moment, preferably paid in 1 chq although they are a bit more flexible these days.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Really? Is that in Dubai Marina (or somewhere equally desirable). I mean, sure, you can find somewhere cheaper in Mousaffah, but somewhere like Reem Island in Abu Dhabi is going for around USD20k for a one bed flat in a new block.
They are certainly more flexible now on payment terms though. Abu Dhabi is feeling the pinch in every sector - just looks at the annoying municipal fees added to expats bills.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Indeed that's in JLT across Marina, 1 bed are around 80k - 95k AED, 2 bedrooms around 110-130K AED. Bills and AC not included.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:41 am

Theoretical question here, could I book one business class seat and one apartment and then both my wife and I just hang out in the apartment the whole flight? (minus takeoff/landing)
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SoloExperiment
Theoretical question here, could I book one business class seat and one apartment and then both my wife and I just hang out in the apartment the whole flight? (minus takeoff/landing)
No business class guests are not allowed in F. Besides for it being pretty theif like to do this.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by akalra1187
No business class guests are not allowed in F. Besides for it being pretty theif like to do this.
How remotely is that Thief (sic) like ? It isn't stealing anything from anybody and is a bit of a slur
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
How remotely is that Thief (sic) like ? It isn't stealing anything from anybody and is a bit of a slur
Trying to get two F seats for the price of one F and one J.
The fact that they know each other is not and should not be of any relevance to EY. It's no different to a stranger sitting in your 'apartment' from J without your consent as far as Etihad are concerned.
Also I think the OP has misinterpreted the size of the 'apartment' the main seat can only accommodate one person and the 'bench' opposite would be a very uncomfortable place to sit for the whole flight. When the bench is extended to be the bed you cannot use the seat because there is no legroom.
You can sit together in the lounge with F guests but personally I wouldn't evert travel in a different cabin class to a family memeber.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Still doesn't make them a thief
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: Etihad Plat, A3*G, HHonors DIA, GHA Plat
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Nearly everywhere in the world I suppose
Apart from some major metropolitan areas like London, NYC or Sydney...
A 1 Bedroom in Berlin isn't even gonna cost you half that in a year Let alone 2nd / 3rd world countries
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: QANTAS, Oneworld
Is it possible/practicable for two F apartment passengers to dine together in one apartment?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RealityBites
Is it possible/practicable for two F apartment passengers to dine together in one apartment?
Yes although the bench seat is not that comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.