Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Reference

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Booking Reference

I have booked (and paid for) a return flight this July from MAN-HKG (via AUH) with an agent (ATOL number 5934). I was initially sent a flight itinerary which featured an alphanumeric booking reference. I was also sent an ATOL certificate which featured a fully numeric reference.
However, when I try to log into the 'manage booking' page of Etihad's site, I am told that the booking reference should have no numbers of special characters in it - I have no idea how to obtain my actual booking reference. Can Etihad help, or do I have an issue with my agent?

Thanks for any help.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Welshboi46
I have booked (and paid for) a return flight this July from MAN-HKG (via AUH) with an agent (ATOL number 5934). I was initially sent a flight itinerary which featured an alphanumeric booking reference. I was also sent an ATOL certificate which featured a fully numeric reference.
However, when I try to log into the 'manage booking' page of Etihad's site, I am told that the booking reference should have no numbers of special characters in it - I have no idea how to obtain my actual booking reference. Can Etihad help, or do I have an issue with my agent?

Thanks for any help.
It's not unusual for PNR's to be alphanumeric. The PNR will be 6 characters and usually will be the one on your itinerary printout.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:10 am

Try viewing the booking through checkmytrip. If that works you'll be able to see the EY booking or confirmation ref next to the flights.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Try viewing the booking through checkmytrip. If that works you'll be able to see the EY booking or confirmation ref next to the flights.
Correct. The OP got an AMADEUS code, which is alphanumeric, while EY codes doesn't have numbers.

To look at CMT or to ask the agent is a good way to get the EY code.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I am surprised that the agent has not given this to you but often it is not clear and can be muddled with the agents booking ref. If in doubt get on to the agent or ring Etihad and ask them
Old May 16, 2017, 7:38 am

Btw: Don't expect, that you can manage that kind of booking like any EY booking on the EY website.

For me it's a normal procedure after booking a topbonus (AB stock) award, all legs operated by EY. topbonus/AB works with Amadeus, but I can get the EY code from the topbonus hotline or from CMT. But even with the EY code, most of the time I can't change i. e. the seating, because the booking werent made by EY.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: Global Mercenary
I flew last year IAD-BOM on a ticket booked via travel agent. All issues including seats, meals etc had to be dealt by the agent. When logging in to etihad website on manage my booking, it simply said to contact my agent for any modifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.