Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EY Lounge at KUL/KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down EY Lounge at KUL/KLIA

Sorry if this has been reported before - I did a quick search but did see any threads...

I flew out of Kuala Lumpur yesterday on Etihad 411 and found that they have changed the lounge for EY.

On previous flights we were directed to the MAS Golden Lounge. Yesterday, we were sent to the Plaza Premium Lounge. Its an OK lounge but certainly a drop down in in space, quality/availability of food, etc.

Look like another example of Etihad cutting back in costs....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Doc1111111.pdf (171.6 KB, 185 views)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
That sign (in the picture) is inaccurate/outdated for few reasons:

1) Kuwait Airways ceased its operations between KWI and KUL.

2) When I flew Royal Jordanian J class I was directed to MAS golden lounge, and not the Plaza Premium Lounge.

3) Since when did Qatar Airways use Plaza Premium lounge as opposed to MAS golden lounge?

I agree with you, downgrading the lounge from MAS golden lounge to the plaza premium lounge without cutting the J fares is in poor taste.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:59 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Funny. I actively choose the Plaza Premium Lounge at KUL. The MAS Golden Lounge (First or Business) is just plain cr@p
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Aceboy44 - I took this photo myself at around 1800 hours on the 6th August 2016! The sign is right at the entrance to the Premium Plaza Lounge.

Originally Posted by aceboy44
That sign (in the picture) is inaccurate/outdated for few reasons:

1) Kuwait Airways ceased its operations between KWI and KUL.

2) When I flew Royal Jordanian J class I was directed to MAS golden lounge, and not the Plaza Premium Lounge.

3) Since when did Qatar Airways use Plaza Premium lounge as opposed to MAS golden lounge?

I agree with you, downgrading the lounge from MAS golden lounge to the plaza premium lounge without cutting the J fares is in poor taste.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by NoY
Funny. I actively choose the Plaza Premium Lounge at KUL. The MAS Golden Lounge (First or Business) is just plain cr@p
It certainly is not crap but it needs some serious improvements.

It's your choice to use the Plaza Premium Lounge.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
I agree wholeheartedly!

The Golden Lounge is indeed much bigger, but the Plaza Premium lounge is just nicer.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:01 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I agree wholeheartedly!

The Golden Lounge is indeed much bigger, but the Plaza Premium lounge is just nicer.
Ha! Finally someone agrees ^

I twice went to the F/Platinum Lounge side of the MH complex. Total joke. Staff? Disinterested. Menu? A joke. Cleanliness? Yuk! We immediately decamped to Plaza Premium
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Abumark
Aceboy44 - I took this photo myself at around 1800 hours on the 6th August 2016! The sign is right at the entrance to the Premium Plaza Lounge.
You seem to have misunderstood me! What I was trying to say was that KLIA management should update that sign since some airlines ceased its operations to KUL/changed their lounges to MAS golden lounge as I mentioned in my previous post.

My intention was not to call you a liar or any sort of that attitude! I just find it disappointing that the lounge management did not bother updating their sign!

Regarding the thread, I would take MAS Golden Lounge any time over Plaza Premium Lounge........
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
To be fair, the MAS golden lounge food options are poor in comparison to other premium business class/first class lounges like SQ, Emirates, and others.

There is a lack of phone charging stations (the one's they have are insufficient especially during peak hours).

It has all the basics you would expect but the maintenence of the lounge itself could be better.

Having said that, you aren't staying at the lounge and it's a short transition from checking in, and waiting to board your flight.

The way some people comment on here, it's as though they are checking into a 5 star hotel and camping there for the next week!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:58 am
NoY

Originally Posted by wolf72
To be fair, the MAS golden lounge food options are poor in comparison to other premium business class/first class lounges like SQ, Emirates, and others.

There is a lack of phone charging stations (the one's they have are insufficient especially during peak hours).

It has all the basics you would expect but the maintenence of the lounge itself could be better.

Having said that, you aren't staying at the lounge and it's a short transition from checking in, and waiting to board your flight.

The way some people comment on here, it's as though they are checking into a 5 star hotel and camping there for the next week!
No. Not everyone has a short stay if connecting @:-) Perhaps many hours - particularly if on different connecting carriers where connections might not be designed efficiently.

Basics??!! The 5 star hotel comment is hilarious. I DO expect 5 star service if (and I do) pay for F tickets!!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:19 am

Is the MAS lounge really that much better than the PP lounge?

I only know the Regional (and Domestic..) MAS lounges in KUL, and while the Regional one at least has alcohol and an acceptable buffet spread, the Domestic one has only one decent food offering (Laksa) and the drinks are McDonalds level..

While the PP Lounge offers a solid choice. Slightly above the Regional lounge I'd say. So if the Longhaul/international MAS lounge is much better than their Regional one, then yes, it's probabaly a small downgrade to the PP Lounge, but maybe it's "ahead of time" as MAS is shutting down more and more of their products..
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Is the MAS lounge really that much better than the PP lounge?
Feel free to scroll down on my review and checkout the lounge yourself:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...p?f=9&t=979201

Having experienced a variety of lounges in KLIA, IMO it is the top lounge so far (better than EK and PP lounge.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.