Wiki Posts
Search

ETIHAD Chauffeur service to EDI airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: Life time PLT; HH Diamond
ETIHAD Chauffeur service to EDI airport

Does anyone have experience of this service?
Which taxi/ chauffeur company does ETIHAD use at Edinburgh?
Thanks for any advice...
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
what is your concern?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks for replying...beginning to think no one had ever used it!
Just interested to know WHICH company/firm ETIHAD actually use and if there is flexibility in the pick up time.
(Currently suggesting a pick up time within the city of 04.40 for an 08.40 departure which seems rather generous...)
Thanks for advice...
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
As it happens I have not used the Edinburgh one but have used many times the Manchester service.

They are very flexible and pick up times are not set in stone - they ask me what time I wish to be picked up. It is interesting to talk with the drivers and they will tell stories of those who cut it to the last minute or leave them hanging around for ages

You know how long it takes from your house to the airport so either arrange direct with Etihad or get the contact details of the company they use
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Many thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
I have used a few times now and live around an hour away from EDI. I have always tried to get the name of the company from the touchpad on dashboard and then google them. I think its 'executive' something. Could be wrong though. It has always been a Silver E-Class. Very new.

With regards to pickup they have always phoned the evening two days before. 4.40 seems excessive when you are in the city. I ask for 06:00 and I am an hour away. I have had to push for that but that still leaves 1hr 40mins at the airport which is more than enough. i would ask for something around 06:00. Don't know your situation and if you are checking in bags or not but very rarely a line in business class line. You get fast track security at EDI and the NO.1 is fine but wouldn't want three hours in there. Have a great trip and hope this helps!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
I have used a few times now and live around an hour away from EDI. I have always tried to get the name of the company from the touchpad on dashboard and then google them. I think its 'executive' something. Could be wrong though. It has always been a Silver E-Class. Very new.

With regards to pickup they have always phoned the evening two days before. 4.40 seems excessive when you are in the city. I ask for 06:00 and I am an hour away. I have had to push for that but that still leaves 1hr 40mins at the airport which is more than enough. i would ask for something around 06:00. Don't know your situation and if you are checking in bags or not but very rarely a line in business class line. You get fast track security at EDI and the NO.1 is fine but wouldn't want three hours in there. Have a great trip and hope this helps!
Much appreciated as it is the first time with ETIHAD, Business to AUH and then First on the A380 to MEL, so looking forward to it! Was told by booking office the company might be Sovereign Executive but that seems a GLA and London based company....Anyway thanks again!

Last edited by wemyss; Jun 6, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by wemyss
Much appreciated as it is the first time with ETIHAD, Business to AUH and then First on the A380 to MEL, so looking forward to it! Was told by booking office the company might be Sovereign Executive but that seems a GLA and London based company....Anyway thanks again!
No problem. Sounds like the a great trip The apartments is a great experience and MEL is a fantastic city!

Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.