Search

Al Reem lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat
Al Reem lounge

Hello,
In few weeks I will be connecting through AUH with Etihad on Economy. I will have about 6 hours to spend in the early morning and accompanying a 3 yr old. I have Topbonus Gold and Alitalia Freccia Aalta club both giving access only to Al Reem lounge but I have only heard bad about Al Reem, some saying "refuge camp", some calling it "terrible" and so on. I was wondering if any of you have more descriptive comment on the lounge, what really is bad about it, does it have children play room, and did anyone find the lounge decent ?
Old May 1, 2016, 6:37 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Depends on which lounges you are used to. Compared to many other contract lounges in the world I find the Al Reem lounge above average. They serve quite tasty hot food and provide all the services what you would expect from a contract lounge.
On the downside, it is often overcrowded and has not enough showers and restrooms. The EY lounge is of course a considerably higher standard, but compared to a couple of other (contract) lounges in the world, I find the Al Reem not too bad.
Old May 1, 2016, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gkl
Depends on which lounges you are used to. Compared to many other contract lounges in the world I find the Al Reem lounge above average. They serve quite tasty hot food and provide all the services what you would expect from a contract lounge.
On the downside, it is often overcrowded and has not enough showers and restrooms. The EY lounge is of course a considerably higher standard, but compared to a couple of other (contract) lounges in the world, I find the Al Reem not too bad.
Thanks. That is assuring. Maybe everyone compares it with EY premium lounges.
Old May 1, 2016, 9:12 am

The main reason people slag it off imo is that they used to allow access for silver and gold into the etihad lounge but basically demoted us to the Al Reem due to overcrowding,however it was never reversed after the opening of the new etihad lounge,to be fair the Al Reem lounge got a facelift last year and is better than it was but my biggest bug bear is the lack of showers
Old May 1, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
If you have priority pass - try using the Al Dhabi lounge which is bigger and has more showers.
Food is same in both(same management). Al Reem is small - not somehwere fun to be more than 1-2 hours. But that goes for entire AUH.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
I agree that neither is ideal for a long stay or amusing a little one. I never transit at AUH but it may be worth pricing up a room at the Premier Inn nearby if you want to sleep for a few hours. IME immigration should be pretty quick at that time of the morning. I assume you have EU passports.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sharp5flat9
I agree that neither is ideal for a long stay or amusing a little one. I never transit at AUH but it may be worth pricing up a room at the Premier Inn nearby if you want to sleep for a few hours. IME immigration should be pretty quick at that time of the morning. I assume you have EU passports.
Seems good idea, price looks quite low at the moment, can book for 50-60 USD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.