Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Points on A3 Codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Earning Points on A3 Codeshare

Hi,

I have recently booked a one-way flight ATH-AUH-SYD in J through the Aegean Airlines website in Z class. This was significantly cheaper than booking the same flights through EY.

I understand I won't earn any points through A3, but that I should be able to earn points through EY. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, does anyone know if I would be able to earn Air Berlin (or Virgin Australia) points instead? Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Camohe
I understand I won't earn any points through A3, but that I should be able to earn points through EY. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, I can confirm that you will.

Originally Posted by Camohe
Also, does anyone know if I would be able to earn Air Berlin (or Virgin Australia) points instead? Thanks
There might have been a time when you could have, although it was not allowed. Etihad used to habitually record all flights on their metal via their own prime flightcode, even when the flight had actually been booked as a codeshare (this has been my experience with AB-, VA- and A3-coded flights).

However, I've seen stuff on here lately that seems to imply that they no longer do this, but treat the flight in the manner that it was booked - i.e. recognising codeshares as such.

There is no way that either AB or VA would give miles for a flight with A3 flightcodes.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:02 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Is there any clear evidence that A3 coded tix (booked in “D” class) operated by EY will currently earn EY miles (don’t care about status miles)? Thanks.

p.s. I posted this on the Aegean forum but was advised to post here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.