Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 First Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Just snagged 2 redemption tickets in the apartments for JFK-AUH tomorrow. SO SO excited and can't wait.. any other FTer on that flight?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
What are the recommendations for the best Apartment for a solo traveler? Saw several recommendations for traveling as a couple but nothing I was able to find if one is by themselves.
thanks
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by ryan182
What are the recommendations for the best Apartment for a solo traveler? Saw several recommendations for traveling as a couple but nothing I was able to find if one is by themselves.
thanks
4A or 4K. Row 4 seats are forward facing and the seat is next to the window.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Lan44
4A or 4K. Row 4 seats are forward facing and the seat is next to the window.
Thanks, though just went to go grab one of those and my flight row 4 is already taken . I have the choice of 1H, 2H, 3A, or 3K between those any that would be considered better?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:27 am

Row 3 are also window seats but are rear facing. 2H is forward facing aisle. 1H is rear facing aisle and across from residence and closest to the toilets.

If you don't mind rear facing I'd go row 3. 2H is the only one forward facing left if you do mind!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:37 pm

Row 3 are also window seats but are rear facing. 2H is forward facing aisle. 1H is rear facing aisle and across from residence and closest to the toilets.

If you don't mind rear facing I'd go row 3. 2H is the only one forward facing left if you do mind!
I flew in 4A/2K on my Apt flights. Row 2 seats are almost as good as the Row 4 seats, just less one window.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I flew in 4A/2K on my Apt flights. Row 2 seats are almost as good as the Row 4 seats, just less one window.
I prefer the window seats they feel more private.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I prefer the window seats they feel more private.
Thanks, I dont mind rear facing so will go with 3K.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:53 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Looks like I'm booked for my first experience - AUH-JFK
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I am booked for a flight this fall in F from AUH to JFK. The flight leaves after 3am. For those who have taken this flight, what did most people do regarding meals after boarding? Does Etihad do a meal service right away, keeping the lights on, or do most people sleep/watch movies?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:10 pm

Anyone ever bring a little personal fan on board? I've read a few reviews from people saying it's either oftentimes hot in the cabin, or, stuffy since the fans that are in the overhead storage don't exist in first
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by paladin732
Anyone ever bring a little personal fan on board? I've read a few reviews from people saying it's either oftentimes hot in the cabin, or, stuffy since the fans that are in the overhead storage don't exist in first
Well, the one flight my wife and I took was not too warm, but perhaps this can vary.

I have no idea whether EY would permit using a personal fan. But if it does, try to make sure it's pretty quiet as the whir conceivably disturb other passengers (though I suspect most wouldn't even notice).
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
I am booked for a flight this fall in F from AUH to JFK. The flight leaves after 3am. For those who have taken this flight, what did most people do regarding meals after boarding? Does Etihad do a meal service right away, keeping the lights on, or do most people sleep/watch movies?
They do meal service right away. You can order anything anytime from the menu.

The lights are dimmed for the entire flight, I ate then slept a bit and then watched some movies. It looked like everyone was sleeping. Anyone that wasn't was at the bar.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:20 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
According to a mate who just flew staff have been instructed to reduce the temp in F.
YMMV.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
According to a mate who just flew staff have been instructed to reduce the temp in F.
YMMV.
I can confirm, my last F flight mid March (AUH-SYD), cabin temperature was good, it has been too warm in the past. And I am one of the first to grumble about overheating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.